Do you really enjoy headphones?

124»

Comments

• zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    The box said it improves the looks of the user, but I think it is false advertising.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    I have a pair of BW P7 wireless.

It is perfect for the occasional use.

My wife has the Apple Airpods and she likes them a lot.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    zingo wrote: »
    The box said it improves the looks of the user, but I think it is false advertising.

Do I smell a lawsuit in the works?
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952

I mean, it covers a substantial part of ur noggin', so there's that lol...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • zingo
    Willow wrote: »

Do I smell a lawsuit in the works?

I'd say class action, but I think I'd be the defendant... :D
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    I came on to this thread again to review to see whether anyone mentioned anything about imaging with headphones. I see a few have commented on it.

I probably don't have a high end enough of a setup, but with a recent experience in near field listening and experiencing stage player placement and in hearing elements at times well beyond the speaker width, it became obvious to me that I don't get anything anywhere near that sort of stereo experience with headphones.

I still really enjoy headphones, but I'm a little curious right now at how loudspeakers can offer these stereo imaging refinements and location effect, and more importantly, is that possible with headphones? If so, where does one start?
    I disabled signatures.
  • zingo
    I don’t get the same experience either with headphones that I get with speakers, but I assume that is because speakers in a room emulate a real world listening experience. Headphone can offer a fun and details listening experience, especially for the price compared to a full speaker rig.