Do you really enjoy headphones?

13»

Comments

• I have Monsters i use for air travel and when in my diesel truck because they block out most exterior noise and they have a very good noise cancelling mic for phone calls
    Home System: see
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    800 Va Dreadnought
    B&K Reference 50 Pre
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    Cambridge Audio DVD 99
    Sangean HD FM Tuner

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
  • halohalo Posts: 4,595
    I have the Massdrop Sennheiser HD6XX paired to my MAC. The MAC connects to a USB DAC to a Massdrop O2 headphone amp to the HD6XX. That’s the best sounding setup I have for headphones but I really like my V-Moda Crossfade 2 Bluetooth headphones with aptX for late night listening to Netflix and YouTube so I don’t disturb my wife. They work very well for my commute on public transportation and I’m never worried that they’ll be damaged since they’re so rugged.
    dp8xvll1ftcp.jpeg
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 18,492
    Never been a headphone guy. I mean, they sound GREAT, but I just prefer speaker listening.
    Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD | Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2L | Power Amp: Parasound Halo A21 | Speakers: PSB Imagine T2 | Cables: Kimber Hero XLR; Kimber 8VS Bi-Wire; Belden 1694A Dig Coax | AC Power: Panamax M5300-PM
  • oldrockeroldrocker Posts: 2,002
    Only at the gym.

Funny this time of year all the people who sign up fro New Years stare at me with mine on, not ear buds I mind you.

I swear some of these people have never seen anything except ear buds...
  • verbverb Posts: 4,444
    For me, and the Mrs, only for travel. We have a set of Bose QC 15's and a B&O Beoplay H9's.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • oldrockeroldrocker Posts: 2,002
    I don't think my wife likes them because once I took a set and my Ipod to a family function without my wife knowing.

When I pulled them out I got one of those REALLY BAD looks from her... :o

They never made it out of the car.... :s
  • K_MK_M Posts: 1,132
    Love them at times.
    Have a couple older vintage ones from Koss, that are still quite listenable.

What is remarkable, is hearing things you do not "notice' with regular speakers.
    I mean its there with speakers, but with Phones, you really hear everything!

Older recordings though, I notice often dropouts from the master tape for a split second and other anomolies at times.
    Lsi15, Lsi9, LsiC,Rta11t,M5jr+,M4,SDA 3.1TL, SDA SRS 2.3TL, Rti6....Still listing stuff, a work in progress.
    B+W-
    Epos-
    Infinity-
    Advent-

• codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 1,831
    Like mine so much I upgraded em lol...

Added a HK preamp and a Little Dot tube headphone amp w vintage tubes!

Source is still iPhone (for now) or tablet.

Looking at Tidal or using a mini computer as a source

k3wdd380dxhw.jpeg

Those Little Dot 1+ are a fun amp! I have mine paired with some Philips L2s with the same GE NOS tubes. Sounds fantastic to me.
    Living room

Mains: Paradigm 90P
    Lows: Velodyne CHT12, Pioneer SW-8Mk2
    Power: Marantz SR7000
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' Curved 4k

2 Channel Den

Mains: SDA2B Upgraded XOs and Binding Posts
    Pre: Denon PRA-1200
    Power: Adcom GFA-545
    TT: Pioneer PL510

Noggin Rockin'

Phillips L2
    Harman Kardon CL
    Little dot 1+/GE JAN 5654w

Closet of Dreams:

Polk RTA11TL
    New Large Advents 25th Anniversary Edition
    Bravo V2/RCA Clear top Conn branded 12AU7
    Yamaha AV-34

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • DawgfishDawgfish Posts: 2,536
    edited January 9
    Headphones have their place with me. Have a pair of Philips Fidelio X1 powered with a vintage Marantz 2220B receiver paired with a Sonagraphe SG-3 turntable with Ortofon 2M Black cart and LG-V35 phone with built-in hi-res dac for a home headphone rig. For work I use either a Sennheiser HD-595 or 1More Triple Driver in-ears paired with a Chinese headphone amp and LG-V35 while playing Tidal. A Little Dot 1+ or Schiit Valhalla will be on the way soon.

I do enjoy listening to headphones especially when I don't have time to warm up the all-tube main rig or when I have guests over and can't play the main rig at night. Having said that I do prefer to listen to the main rig over the headphone setups when I can.

3si8v3mobeov.jpg
13»