Florida Audio Expo 2019 - New Show announcement!

Comments

• CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 661
    Friends can't go with and buying another amp. Hopefully next year. :-)
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,725
    edited February 5
    meh
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 3,704
    CGTIII wrote: »

come to lone star audio fest, a lot cheaper.
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800,Kinki Studio EX-M1
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: L.K.S MH-DA004, North Star Design USB dac32, Cayin Venus cd-100i,
    Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic 2, Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval, Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro,
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,294
    I might be there next year. Just wasn’t in the cards this time.

Backert Labs will be there so give Andy some support!
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 661
    marvda1 wrote: »
    CGTIII wrote: »

come to lone star audio fest, a lot cheaper.

Thank you for the invite. I was born in and have great appreciation for Texas. B)
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,648
    So just to double check, who all is gonna be there, specifically on Saturday?
    DSkip wrote: »
    I might be there next year. Just wasn’t in the cards this time.

Backert Labs will be there so give Andy some support!

That is a room I will go to! :)
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.

Resident Child of Club Polk
    Also, we will not be going to dinner afterward. Too expensive and we will already have a long drive home.
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.

• displaynamedisplayname Posts: 490
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Sony CDP-CE375 / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > JBL Studio 580 or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Mikey081057Mikey081057 Posts: 6,686
    Nice Lineup of exhibitors

https://floridaaudioexpo.com/exhibitors/
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

HT:Polk LSiM 706 LSiM 705's VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's| Marantz AV7704 | Sunfire TGA-7401 | Oppo UDP 203 | Sony PS4 Pro| Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | SVS PB13 Ultra | MIT EXP 2's (Fronts & Center)

ManCave: Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro | Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's | Usher BE-616 Center | SVS Ultra Surrounds | SVS SB4000 Sub | SVS SB2000 Sub | Oppo UDP 203 | MIT Shotgun S3's | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life | Samsung 50" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office |Cocktail Audio X14 | KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 | Bluesound Node |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 |
    Change in plans, we have family here this weekend and we can't go. I was really looking forward to going. Maybe next year. :/

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,299
    Take em with!
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Take em with!

Well my cousin does not want to go look at what she calls "stupid speakers" all day long. Since they are only here for 3 days, mom won't let us go. So, we will have to plan a bit better next year.

mlistens03 wrote: »
    Well my cousin does not want to go look at what she calls "stupid speakers" all day long.

Look at? I think she might be doing it wrong. You're supposed to close your eyes and listen to speakers, not look at them.
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Well my cousin does not want to go look at what she calls "stupid speakers" all day long.

Look at? I think she might be doing it wrong. You're supposed to close your eyes and listen to speakers, not look at them.

Right, but but she thinks I am just going to go and stare at them in awe(which probably is not totally wrong, lol). She doesn't really think about it that way.

tell her to go to the beach.
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800,Kinki Studio EX-M1
    Transport/Dac: L.K.S MH-DA004, North Star Design USB dac32, Cayin Venus cd-100i,
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval, Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro,
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 31,652
    Yep, give Andy and the boys some support from Backert Labs. Introduce yourself to Andy if he's there, tell him I said hello too. Great bunch of guys down at BL.

Tell him we may be ready for another demo round too if he's up for it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • CH46ECH46E Posts: 1,265
    I'm really bumbed I missed it. Life happens I guess. Maybe next year.
    I was really looking forward to hear some quality gear.
    Random photo gallery I found: https://imgur.com/gallery/lHMoFUS
    Random photo gallery I found: https://imgur.com/gallery/lHMoFUS

That Vac gear is giving me a woody, beautiful stuff. Probably sounds as good as it looks too.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
    tonyb wrote: »
    That Vac gear is giving me a woody, beautiful stuff. Probably sounds as good as it looks too.

Seriously, Tony. Audio Art defined:

izRY7d8.jpg
  • CH46ECH46E Posts: 1,265
    If anyone makes it to the MBL room could you post a pic and your impressions of their omni directional sound?

And any chance of checking out Border Pateol Audio's DACs. If so could you ask them if they are prior Border Patrol Agents? Can't find much info on them.
    Any of you guys meet up at this show ? Where's the pics man ? Nobody gave Micah a wet willy ? :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
    tonyb wrote: »
    Any of you guys meet up at this show ? Where's the pics man ? Nobody gave Micah a wet willy ? :)

Plans changed and I didn't make it. Wish I could've, even if I'd gotten a wet willy. ;)

open invitation to all, The Lone Star Audio Fest 2019.
    http://lonestaraudiofest.com/
  • marvda1 wrote: »
    open invitation to all, The Lone Star Audio Fest 2019.
    http://lonestaraudiofest.com/
    Last year I let life get in the way. This year I blocked out the calendar for that weekend. Very excited to finally check it out.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Sony CDP-CE375 / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > JBL Studio 580 or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
    edited February 11