Aperion Audio Super Tweeter

Options
299 for a pair. Anyone try these? Kind of wonder how they would sound sitting on top of my Monitor 70's.
Panny 8000 project
Oppo 103D
Fronts- Monitor 70's
Upper fronts- Monitor 30's
Surrounds- Monitor 50's
Backs- Monitor 40's
Center-CS 350
Sub- SVS PB 2000
Onkyo 607[back up]

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    edited February 2019
    Options
    FWIW -- There was some of chatter about these and the topic in general fairly recently @ AK:
    http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/thoughts-on-super-tweeters.842925/

I haven't heard 'em -- what I'd recommend is to think about what "problem" you're trying to "solve" before investing too much lucre in the solution :)

Do you want extension of HF response, increased HF dispersion or a change in the character of the treble? Or all three?

Again FWIW -- I am a pretty dedicated "super" tweeter user due to the limitations of the treble horns in my big-boy loudspeakers. I need extension (but not into the ultrasonic!) and dispersion. The "supertweeters" I use aren't technically supertweeters, but they mate fairly well with the treble horns using a simple first order XO and an L-pad (variable) to normalize the output.

1lssj5hrg02j.png
  • woodhead 2
    Options
    Not really trying to solve a problem, just looking to make improvements. I read your link, and didn't sound like it would make much difference. But, thanks for the reply.
    Panny 8000 project
    Oppo 103D
    Fronts- Monitor 70's
    Surrounds- Monitor 50's
    Backs- Monitor 40's
    Center-CS 350
    Sub- SVS PB 2000
    Onkyo 607[back up]
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,519
    Options
    Oh it will make a difference. It looks like you can shape it to some degree with the
    AAST. As Doc stated so well, will you be able tune it in to your liking?
    I would save the money for speakers that have been designed for use with
    a super tweeter. FWIW.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • woodhead 2
    Options
    Your probably right. Thanks
    Panny 8000 project
    Oppo 103D
    Fronts- Monitor 70's
    Surrounds- Monitor 50's
    Backs- Monitor 40's
    Center-CS 350
    Sub- SVS PB 2000
    Onkyo 607[back up]
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    edited February 2019
    Options
    well, I would say "save your money and experiment with something a little less dear (as in
    less expensive)" :)

I wouldn't discourage anyone from playing around a bit. That's how we learn -- unless, of course, we manage to kill ourselves in the process. In that latter case, we do still learn, but it's fairly academic at that point.

B)