Target/cds exclusive‎

anyone been finding anything good?

Comments

• headrottheadrott Posts: 5,428
    Last one I got/bought was McCartney's "Kisses On The Bottom". But that was back in what, 2012? Lol!
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 5,516
    I just got a Carpenters with a orchestra and it's pretty bad assed
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 5,516
    @Danny Tse How is it?
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,122
    afterburnt wrote: »

bad a$$ed Carpenters...
    I thought it was usually Plumbers.
  • reverbreverb Posts: 68
    Our local Target has a pretty respectable selection of vinyl. The wife drug me in there one day for something and course I wandered to the electronics section. She found me about 1/2 hour later thumbing through LP's.

I told her vinyl will OFFICIALLY be mainstream again when you see it in Wal*Mart.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,826
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

bad a$$ed Carpenters...

The Carpenters nailed it every time...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 18,987
    Our Walmart has carried Vinyl for over a year now...
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,589
    reverb wrote: »
    Our local Target has a pretty respectable selection of vinyl. The wife drug me in there one day for something and course I wandered to the electronics section. She found me about 1/2 hour later thumbing through LP's.

I told her vinyl will OFFICIALLY be mainstream again when you see it in Wal*Mart.

I bought a number of records from Target. most of them were actually good quality, my copy of DSOTM is great. Kinda hit or miss though, I have a few warped Beatles records from Target, Walmart and Barnes and Noble.
    I don't buy vinyl from them anymore. I like buying used, as I don't want to roll the dice on getting a $25-30 warped record.
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1152 preamp and 4452 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 2,368
    mlistens03 wrote: »

I bought a number of records from Target. most of them were actually good quality, my copy of DSOTM is great. Kinda hit or miss though, I have a few warped Beatles records from Target, Walmart and Barnes and Noble.
    I don't buy vinyl from them anymore. I like buying used, as I don't want to roll the dice on getting a $25-30 warped record.

Return them. I bought a DSOTM from Target that had so much surface noise it was basically unlistenable. They took it back, begrudgingly.
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,589
    DaveHo wrote: »
    mlistens03 wrote: »

Return them. I bought a DSOTM from Target that had so much surface noise it was basically unlistenable. They took it back, begrudgingly.

It is too late, that was a couple months ago. If I buy more vinyl there in the future, and it is no good, I certainly will. None of them are bad enough that they won't play or are unlistenable. Just enough to be noticeable.
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1152 preamp and 4452 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • headrottheadrott Posts: 5,428
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

bad a$$ed Carpenters...

The Carpenters nailed it every time...

Stupid, but funny joke John. Made me laugh a little.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 18,987
    edited January 31
    I have a big collection of "Lifescapes" CD's from Target. All are DDD and very well engineered. Latin, Jazz, Cajun, Piano, Sax, etc., etc.