Target/cds exclusive‎

anyone been finding anything good?

Comments

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Last one I got/bought was McCartney's "Kisses On The Bottom". But that was back in what, 2012? Lol!
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I just got a Carpenters with a orchestra and it's pretty bad assed
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,927
    afterburnt wrote: »

bad a$$ed Carpenters...
    I thought it was usually Plumbers.
  • reverb
    reverb Posts: 67
    Our local Target has a pretty respectable selection of vinyl. The wife drug me in there one day for something and course I wandered to the electronics section. She found me about 1/2 hour later thumbing through LP's.

I told her vinyl will OFFICIALLY be mainstream again when you see it in Wal*Mart.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

bad a$$ed Carpenters...

The Carpenters nailed it every time...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Our Walmart has carried Vinyl for over a year now...
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    reverb wrote: »
    Our local Target has a pretty respectable selection of vinyl. The wife drug me in there one day for something and course I wandered to the electronics section. She found me about 1/2 hour later thumbing through LP's.

I told her vinyl will OFFICIALLY be mainstream again when you see it in Wal*Mart.

I bought a number of records from Target. most of them were actually good quality, my copy of DSOTM is great. Kinda hit or miss though, I have a few warped Beatles records from Target, Walmart and Barnes and Noble.
    I don't buy vinyl from them anymore. I like buying used, as I don't want to roll the dice on getting a $25-30 warped record.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    mlistens03 wrote: »

I bought a number of records from Target. most of them were actually good quality, my copy of DSOTM is great. Kinda hit or miss though, I have a few warped Beatles records from Target, Walmart and Barnes and Noble.
    I don't buy vinyl from them anymore. I like buying used, as I don't want to roll the dice on getting a $25-30 warped record.

Return them. I bought a DSOTM from Target that had so much surface noise it was basically unlistenable. They took it back, begrudgingly.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    DaveHo wrote: »
    mlistens03 wrote: »

Return them. I bought a DSOTM from Target that had so much surface noise it was basically unlistenable. They took it back, begrudgingly.

It is too late, that was a couple months ago. If I buy more vinyl there in the future, and it is no good, I certainly will. None of them are bad enough that they won't play or are unlistenable. Just enough to be noticeable.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

bad a$$ed Carpenters...

The Carpenters nailed it every time...

Stupid, but funny joke John. Made me laugh a little.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited January 2019
    I have a big collection of "Lifescapes" CD's from Target. All are DDD and very well engineered. Latin, Jazz, Cajun, Piano, Sax, etc., etc.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2