Bunch of stuff.

Options

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Dhart if you dont buy those jumpers, you will save me from saying put me in line if Dhart passes. I'm going to say it anyways if Dhart passes please put me in line, they sure look like the Hollogram II's
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    The jumpers rarely come up for sale , I mean like never. I've only saw 2 in the last 5 years come up for sale. I think AZ charged around 150 new for them.

Dhart,

If you want to buy the jumpers, cool. What I can do, if your interested, is send along the speaker cables also if you want to try them before you buy them. Only cost to you would be shipping back to me in the event you didn't want to buy them. That's the TONYB try it before you buy it program.

As a disclosure though, others who took that program and didn't buy the item, haven't been seen since so I dunno... :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    dhart86 wrote: »
    Tony, I previously posted interest in buying the Acoustic Zen Satori jumpers. Are you only interested in selling as a pkg deal or you just don't want to sell to me? :):)

Sorry about that man, I must have just overlooked it. It's hard to keep it straight between responses here and the PM's.

Sure I'd sell them to you, unless you have cooties or somethin'. :) I was hoping some interest in the speaker cables surfaced as the jumpers are the perfect match. If ya want the jumpers, no problem, but I have a feeling after you use the jumpers, your gonna want the other cables. I originally bought just the jumpers, and used them with my Strailey Cables, like them so much I bought the Satori speaker cables then the IC's. Huge improvement.

PM your info, and lets call it 5 bucks to ship.

Tony I do have cooties but for the sake of the sale, I'll keep them over here. lol I wanted the Satori jumpers b/c I already possess the Satori speaker cables. Funny thing is I bought the Satori's b/c you recommended to me in one of my posts a couple years ago that the Satori's might work better in my rig than the MIT's that I had. You were right!

I need the jumpers because I just purchased some pre-owned bi-wire able speakers but the jumpers are missing and my cables are single wire. I will send a pm
    thx
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• tonyb
    Options
    Gotcha man, Pm'd back atcha.

Good to hear on the Satori's bro. Btw...the Matrix IC's are also a perfect compliment to those cables. I also found that the Wireworld Eclipse 7 IC's also compliment them well. Just an FYI from the cheap seats.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,873
    Options
    not selling those analysis plus, huh.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    edited January 2019
    Options

As a disclosure though, others who took that program and didn't buy the item, haven't been seen since so I dunno... :)

That's our @tonyb !

:)
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Edited, didn't read your reply in the comments. Let me know if he passes, ill keep an eye on the post.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • tonyb
    edited January 2019
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »
    not selling those analysis plus, huh.

I'm on the fence Marv, you just bought a pair, you looking for another ? You must like 'em then eh ?

Cary is sold
    Modded Sonos is sold
    Jumpers are sold.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,873
    Options
    I like them. Doing a review on some bogden interconnects and have a pair of gabriel gold interconnects to play with.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • tonyb
    Options
    Had some Bogdens myself a few years back, possibly not the current top series caliber. Just OK to my ears, didn't really check the boxes for me.

If I decide to sell the AP's, I'll shoot ya a PM and give you first crack.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    Options
    Marv,

Since your on the IC merry go round, if you like I can send you the AZ's to see if you like them. Just cost ya shipping back to me.

The only thing I want you to consider, is that the RCA ends on these IC's are fairly big. They don't work well with gear that has very close RCA in/outputs like on the back of a receiver. Probably better suited for pre amps to amps, dacs to pre's.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Marv,

Since your on the IC merry go round, if you like I can send you the AZ's to see if you like them. Just cost ya shipping back to me.

The only thing I want you to consider, is that the RCA ends on these IC's are fairly big. They don't work well with gear that has very close RCA in/outputs like on the back of a receiver. Probably better suited for pre amps to amps, dacs to pre's.

1000000% agree on this. They are large and need room. I can attest they do sound wonderful.

Folks, anything you buy from Tony will be as stated. Great seller and person in general. Buy with confidence.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • tonyb
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Victor has expressed interest in test driving the speaker cables.

DYN's, amp, pre....open to trades, cash up or down, doesn't hurt to ask.

The other Sonos is off the market for right now.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Victor has expressed interest in test driving the speaker cables.

DYN's, amp, pre....open to trades, cash up or down, doesn't hurt to ask.

The other Sonos is off the market for right now.

Cables are still available for those interested. Screaming good deal here, especially with the matching RCA's!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Any other issues you have heard from the problematic B&K besides one side running hotter? I am pondering buying it then sending it in for a DC offset check if that seems the only symptom.

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • tonyb
    Options
    Any other issues you have heard from the problematic B&K besides one side running hotter? I am pondering buying it then sending it in for a DC offset check if that seems the only symptom.

The DC offset being off on one side makes it sound a tinge brighter in that channel. Now, to be fair, I'm assuming it's the DC offset that's off and making one side run hotter. It could be a cap or resistor in there also. I haven't popped the top to look around. This would be a good buy for someone who could possibly work on it themselves.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Hmm I have a tendency to mess things up when I open electronics. Even for a bill and shipping it might be worth it to me to have someone dive in it. Like you said could be a simple DC Offset adjustment or a cap/resistor aging causing the problem to progress.

Let me sit on it barring no one else with the skills snatches it up so don't put me in line.

Thanks Tony!

• vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Options
    Wait, no one bought the Joule?
    b]Beach Audio[/b]: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Topping D90iii * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    Hi, can we have an update on the speaker cables ect?
    I read thru again to no avail.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 863
    Options
    Does the Joule have a remote ?
  • codycatalist
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I thought the Joule was one of the firsts to go, that is a STEAL of a price. If not and the others who chimed in before me don't go for it, I will.

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Don should be buying it. If he passes, I will buy it. But he has first dibs.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Options
    Tony, I'll take the B&K. We can work out getting it. I gotta drive in to Schaumburg soon for a recall on my car.
  • tonyb
    Options
    Don has committed to the Joule, we just have to work out logistics.

Satori speaker cables are still available as are the Matrix Ic's

Ref. 4420 Is still available
    Dynes still up too.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    Options
    daboyz wrote: »
    Tony, I'll take the B&K. We can work out getting it. I gotta drive in to Schaumburg soon for a recall on my car.

Lol, didn't I buy it from you ? The 1430. Yeah we can figure something out, your path is easy to work with. Or did ya mean the 4420.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 699
    Options
    My B&K EX-442 was running warmer on one side ....
    Had it serviced last spring ....
    The bias was off on one side ....

Bk
    Dayens Ampino , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Eversolo DMP-A6 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

Parasound A21, Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

PS Audio S300 - sitting in the closet for now …

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    edited January 2019
    Options
    daboyz wrote: »

Lol, didn't I buy it from you ? The 1430. Yeah we can figure something out, your path is easy to work with. Or did ya mean the 4420.

1430. Yes, you did. I like to buy my stuff back. ;)
  • tonyb
    Options
    Give me a shout whenever your heading down 90, we can hook up at the RT. 31 exit right there.....easy for you to get back on too.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Options
    Received the DAC and Sonos today in pristine condish. Appreciate the cushy white glove packing, speedy ship, and excellent comm.

The Sonos goes to the beach, so I left it packed up and will listen to it as soon as we get a free, sunny weekend. I hooked up the DAC in an easily accessible rig and loved what I heard. Smooth detail with a touch of pleasing warmth. Really impressive sound, especially for the money. Looking forward to trying it out in a few different spots. Couldn't be happier!

Many thanks to @tonyb for the opportunity and excellent transaction.

Craig
    b]Beach Audio[/b]: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Topping D90iii * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • tonyb
    Options
    Thanks for the nice words Craig. You will see why I coveted that Dac for so long. Cary made the Xciter as a desk top solution, but really it has a place in any main rig. Heavy booger for it's size too isn't it.

Thanks man, appreciate the smooth transaction.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's