Carver Silver Amazing Speakers. 3 10" woofers and a 4' ribbon per speaker. - Sold

Options
ALL212
ALL212 Posts: 1,556
edited August 2018 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
$1800, local pickup or hand delivered with in reasonable distance. Will not ship.

I've spent the last couple of years rebuilding these. It's time to let 'em go but they are ready. They are completely rebuilt. Local pickup in the Northern IL area and I'll help drive 'em part way if I can find a vehicle to put 'em in. I have the original boxes and will be included in the sale.

Woofers: Original and refoamed by Bill at Millersound. They also have sound damping on the frames. Each speaker has 3 10" woofers.

Ribbons: Originals rebuilt by a gentleman on the East cost. There is another group that will rebuild these in Milwaukee, WI now. Each ribbon is 4' long, one each per speaker.

Frames: Untouched - original.

Wiring: Mostly Mogami W2534. Short runs are either cotton wrapped copper or wire removed from Cardas Star-Quad 4S11. All runs are tied down so the ends do not move. Speakon connector allows the crossover to be detached for shipping or moving them.

Input cups were replaced with Cardas CCBP.

Original controls for Low, High and Mids.

All capacitors replaced with either Solen or Sonicap Gen I with values as close as possible to original. All but two inductors are original. The two big guys were replaced with Erse 16g Super Q's at original values.

The black box that originally covered the woofers is no more. There is no cost to the sound due to this "modification".

Hieroglyphics written on the back of the speaker are provided at no additional cost.

17y4fhx9zw5z.jpg
etys338bru6w.jpg
e5ow98nulhfi.jpg
ka4rbsdq3cxw.jpg
pzzkmi3kmq6c.jpg
hpafv0sm158p.jpg
ies9qu0b27ry.jpg
a5gfocxbkzrg.jpg
rrrdh4naavlo.jpg
ymdkb3bldauv.jpg
xcp87c81yv7l.jpg

Aaron
Enabler Extraordinaire
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    You gave them speakers a lot of love! GLWYS. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    Options
    Speakers everyone should try in their audio journey.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    Options
    My babies! Man glad to see them upgraded!!!
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    I heard them over the weekend. Very, very nice.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • ALL212
    edited June 2017
    Options
    $1200 and I'll drive 50 miles one way to assist delivery.

these are ready to play. No further work is required
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • Wilko
    Wilko Posts: 1
    edited August 2018
    Options
    do you still have these and since you have the boxes you could ship them and I pay the extra shipping at 1,300 for speakers plus shipping charges this is tom Wilcox from Buffalo NY area my silvers are needing a total rebuild thank you for your time also you can phone me at (send me a PM).
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • ALL212
    Options
    I am sorry but these have sold.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    @Wilko I would ask @KennethSwauger to edit out your phone number. You are seriously asking to be pranked!!!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • JimEddie
    Options
    ALL212 where did you purchase all of your crossover components? I have two TFM25 amps run I g in mono and have baked epoxy or coating off of one of the large resistors on one of the crossovers. So I would like to rebuild the crossover overall but need a parts source. I’m thinking you can help and save me a lot of time?
  • ALL212
    Options
    I've got favorites.

soniccraft.com - their caps are very nice and a good assortment of other fun stuff.
    madisound.com - local to me so I get quick shipping
    parts-express.com - decent generic stuff
    partsconnexion.com - are these the Canadians?

Anyone else following this thread? Put your favorite suppliers in here.

Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options
    ALL212 wrote: »
    I've got favorites.

soniccraft.com - their caps are very nice and a good assortment of other fun stuff.
    madisound.com - local to me so I get quick shipping
    parts-express.com - decent generic stuff
    partsconnexion.com - are these the Canadians? YEP

Anyone else following this thread? Put your favorite suppliers in here.

Just about covers it although I'd throw in

www.mouser.com/

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Nice to see this thread bumped by a rookie. Welcome @Wilko ! Don't worry, I did the same thing not so long ago! :smile:

I gotta say @ALL212 looks like a fine rebuild! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • ALL212
    Options
    This didn't fall far from the tree. I "sold" it to my son who lives in town. And he's under orders that if he no longer wants them I get first shot at getting them back.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    ALL212 wrote: »
    This didn't fall far from the tree. I "sold" it to my son who lives in town. And he's under orders that if he no longer wants them I get first shot at getting them back.

That's cool. I hope your son appreciates em as much as you do! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.