Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I just saw on my PC opening news page that the Patriots are the underdog! :o

First time in 67 games it says.

The article also said no matter who wins either of these 2 games on Sunday, they should be some darn good games! :DB)

They're predicting the Saints to win also. ;):)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Don't count Brady and cheatin' Billy out yet. We already know the refs will do everything they can to assist as well.

I don't like the Rams either, but I hate the Aint's… They are a bunch of cheats too.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Speaking of Refs. :s

Last weekends' games were still full of weird refereeing. I wonder if millions of others see these bad calls or no-calls as I see more of them than the first kind.
    There's holding on almost every play now...it's crazy! The pass interference calls have gotten to where the refs let the 2 guys fight it out quite often.

With these 4 teams having great quarterbacks and will be throwing that pigskin a lot, I hope the refs call tight calls and the right calls out there.

There should be a lot of bombs in all 4 games! Interference calls will be critical!
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Rooting for Mahomes go Chiefs
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Chiefs v Rams! Lets go!!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Chiefs v Rams! Lets go!!

I would watch that one... Brady and Brees, no thanks.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    Don't count Brady and cheatin' Billy out yet. We already know the refs will do everything they can to assist as well.

I don't like the Rams either, but I hate the Aint's… They are a bunch of cheats too.

I dunno it looks to me like the Pats have the deck stacked against them with Cletus officiating. Surely though he'll be a professional and not go out there with an axe to grind.
    https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2019/01/15/patriots-chiefs-referee-clete-blakeman-deflategate
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I dunno gents, don't expect a lot of bombs in that KC game. Given the weather, that pigskin is going to be one slick brick. Maybe a few turnovers in that game too because of that.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    I dont see Mahomes putting up big numbers in that game either. The NFL usually figures out how to shut down these brilliant new QBs eventually, and my bet would be the Pats do that. Go with the under...
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Experience vs inexperience in the playoffs is real. That always helps New England. They play in the weakest division year after year and get to the playoffs year after year. I am not rooting for anyone ,jus sayin. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Tony M
    edited January 2019
    It seems the Patriots are favorites now by 9 points. :s BUT...

The Patriots are 1-5 at Arrowhead Stadium all-time, including a 41-14 loss in 2014 that was the second-largest margin of defeat of Tom Brady's career (31-0 at Buffalo in 2003). New England beat Kansas City in Week 6 this season, a 43-40 thriller won on a 28-yard Stephen Gostkowski field goal on the final play.
    New England won all nine of its home games this season, but the Patriots are just 3-5 on the road, the team's second sub-.500 finish with Brady at quarterback (2-6 in 2009). The Patriots are just 3-4 in road playoff games under Bill Belichick and have lost three straight, with the last win coming in the 2006 Divisional at San Diego (24-21).
  • Tony M
    edited January 2019
    Speaking of weather... :D

Mr. Mahomes threw for 430 yards IN THE SNOW :D I think I read. Or maybe that was the whole team. I also just read in that link that it will be 26 degrees I think. :s

We all know now that Tom won't be able to have his ball boy leak some air. I predict Bradey fumbling those hard balls.

Also in that link was a 3 point edge for the Chiefs. :p

The link also said this might be one of the biggest bet on game in a long time.

Kind of like the Mayweather and McGregor fight was. :s
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Anyone watching the game?
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    vmaxer wrote: »

You mean the field goal bonanza between the Saints 13 and the Rams 3

Nah

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745

I refuse to watch the nfl with all their kneeling for the flag bs. Now college football, that's a real game.
  • txcoastal1
    edited January 2019
    krazypolk wrote: »

I refuse to watch the nfl with all their kneeling for the flag bs. Now college football, that's a real game.

So you’re MO is just to talk smack without actually watching a game....duly noted in your future comments
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    I follow play by play on espn gamecast.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Got a game.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    edited January 2019
    Ouch that drive may cost the Rams leaving Saints in awesome field position

Now the penalty 😬

• txcoastal1
    Still a game...nice stop

• txcoastal1
    This is where the Rams miss Cooper Kupp

• machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Rams
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • Tony M
    No interference call????????????
    BS
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Unbelievable pass interference non-call on the Rams.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Tony M wrote: »
    No interference call????????????
    BS

I agree but I can't stand the Saints so I looked the other way.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Bounty Gate revenge Karma came to bite the Saints in the azz. Who Dat :D
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Tony M
    edited January 2019
    This was the interference that wasn't called that probably cost the Saints the game. It's on the main news page already.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/watch-officials-miss-blatant-pass-interference-call-on-the-rams/ar-BBSw3g7?ocid=spartanntp
    kmticqzakgz3.png

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Tony M wrote: »
    This was the interference that wasn't called that probably cost the Saints the game. It's on the main news page already.

Wow, you probably won't be able to sleep for a week after that.
  • Tony M
    edited January 2019
    The Chiefs have 32 yards.

The Patriots 245 yards. ;)

What a sad day. The Chiefs offensive line SUCKs now. #72 didn't even block his guy on the almost last play of the first half. We can't run the ball for s*^t. It's turning into a blowout real fast! The front line for the Chiefs have been able to rest most of the half. What's their problem then. Are they TOO COLD?? >:):s
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    KC shut out at home in the first half for the first time in 51 games!! I wonder how those "cheating" Pats managed that?