So besides George, Who do you miss around here?

Comments

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    edited January 2019
    ^^^Believe Rick intentionally got himself banned and went out with a bang, so to speak. I do miss him around here - he was a good guy.

Edit - looks like he’s not banned, but IIRC he said he was leaving and posted some, uh, pictures to go out on a high note.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    What happened to Rick88? I sure do miss seeing that Linda Ronstadt avatar posted on these forums.

From the inside sleeve of... umm... either Hasten Down the , or was it Prisoner in Disguise? I am too lazy to look (even though those LPs ar all of 15 feet from where I sit typing this). :p

7bhh8udk56la.png

Note the Koss K6 headphones.

aose2ga1as2n.png

Youda thunk theyda had better headphones in a studio (maybe AKG or Sennheiser, back in those days - or even Koss Pro4A or AA), no? ;)
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Yeah, the headphones .... Lol
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited January 2019
    :) What headphones?
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Nice set of cans!

What? Koss makes good headphones.
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Many of the new members who joined after around 2008 probably never saw the "Tasteful Babe Thread". There was a lot of drama when the offended became activists.

Haha, I started that thread. They would have been really pissed if they saw the reason we had to start a new "tasteful" thread.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    Sad to see the names of all the folks who don't post anymore. I can't really pinpoint a reason why I stopped posting. This place used to be a huge social outlet for me.
  • mhardy6647
    edited January 2019
    PolkThug wrote: »
    Many of the new members who joined after around 2008 probably never saw the "Tasteful Babe Thread". There was a lot of drama when the offended became activists.

Haha, I started that thread. They would have been really pissed if they saw the reason we had to start a new "tasteful" thread.

whoa, blast from the past!
    :)

3tactnzdgv6a.png

Post edited by mhardy6647 on
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    PolkThug wrote: »
    Sad to see the names of all the folks who don't post anymore. I can't really pinpoint a reason why I stopped posting. This place used to be a huge social outlet for me.
    Welcome back!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Is it to early to be missing the good Ken and Jesse yet?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Definitely Scotty Boy, perhaps I should try to get a hold of him.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Is it to early to be missing the good Ken and Jesse yet?

Only if you like the smell😝
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    You tryin' to make Jesse and Ken's BOZO list, Ron?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • For sure Scottyboy. Pretty cool dude who, unfortunately, had gone through some troubles in life, but was still pretty cool.

I miss Richard. Very knowledgeable and I like his speaking of his daughter's travels through the Far East.
    Allowed me to live vicariously through his postings because ..... well I'm cheap and lazy. ;):)
    Sal Palooza
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    treitz3 wrote: »
    You tryin' to make Jesse and Ken's BOZO list, Ron?

Tom

I’m already on it🤡

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    treitz3 wrote: »
    BlueMDPicker, ThSmith, Rick88, Keiko, RuSsMaN, Doro, Shack, TroyD, TNRabbit, /mx, SCompRacer, obieone, BaggedLancer, Early B., ohskigod, reeltrouble, Face, Demiurge, RonP, engtaz, SkipF, MillerLiteScott, hoosier2, audiobliss, schwarcw......

And the list goes on and on...

...and on...

Tom

Damn, when you list all those excellent people that used to be a part of the Polk Community, it makes me very sad. They are all great people, and I hope they are doing well (that are still here instead of moved to the next realm of existence). I didn't realize that Rich (SCompRacer) left....when did that happen? Same with schwarcw......
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • headrott
    edited January 2019
    Normality, Beardog, TNrabbit, Madmax, Ben, and can't forget Joe. All gone RIP I miss them all.

Wait, you were just on the "not on here anymore" list.... And yet you posted.... My mind is completely blown Carl.

In all seriousness.....Ben was the first person from the forum I talked to on the phone. He helped me figure out why my Aragon 8008bb amplifier was making a loud "thumping" sound. He was a very helpful, friendly Polkie. I will always appreciate his selfless help.

Also, if Jesse gets banned from this forum, I will not be on here anymore. He is one of the basic fabrics that make this forum what it is. Just wanted to put that out there.....

Also, Rich is still on here........I just looked at his profile and saw he was on yesterday.
    Post edited by headrott on
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Also, if Jesse gets banned from this forum, I will not be on here anymore. He is one of the basic fabrics that make this forum what it is. Just wanted to put that out there.....

The word "avalanche" comes to mind for some reason. B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYx9wbCsl14
    Sal Palooza
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    @dkg999

Doug's good people. Started me into the mess that I am today. :)
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    headrott wrote: »
    Normality, Beardog, TNrabbit, Madmax, Ben, and can't forget Joe. All gone RIP I miss them all.

Wait, you were just on the "not on here anymore" list.... And yet you posted.... My mind is completely blown Carl.

I am around but I don't post as often anymore. I think that I had about 6,000 posts in my first five years. Maybe 200 in the last three years? I have no explanation. I love audio and the people here are still great people. I love to read and learn.

Some of our new people probably haven't experienced the forum member calls to "Release the Kraken!) LOL!
    5mrrmsb9t5fh.jpg

Carl

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Glad to see that some of the ol' guard is still lurking around these parts...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314

Yep Carl, The removal of the Tasteful Babe Thread was the beginning of the end...

• headrott
    headrott wrote: »

I am around but I don't post as often anymore. I think that I had about 6,000 posts in my first five years. Maybe 200 in the last three years? I have no explanation. I love audio and the people here are still great people. I love to read and learn.

Some of our new people probably haven't experienced the forum member calls to "Release the Kraken!) LOL!
    5mrrmsb9t5fh.jpg

Glad you are still here Carl. I can relate to not posting as much. I wish it was 10+ years ago.......Things were much better. Not nostalgia, but IMO fact.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• mhardy6647
    @F1nut is just getting a tune-up, fluids topped off, that type of thing. He'll be back hopefully.

2ux6d2vaied6.jpg

A few small repairs.

teiwmoqiadeb.png

I think I already tried this lame joke, but I really like that album cover (even though it always creeps me out a little bit when I see it). Not a bad album, either. Very much of its time.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Mark im glad i wasnt drinking coffee. I saw that & then read your thought. Your funny :) Enjoy the snow ova theya
    Randy/Maine