So besides George, Who do you miss around here?

Comments

• boston1450boston1450 Posts: 6,670
    edited January 2019
    Mike - Keiko as he started me with tubes & how to rip my own vinyl to disc & so much more. Look forward to Jesse back as he is a great asset to Club Polk even with your Yes No post that dont explain nothing & people get btthurt. Cracks me up. Jesse we see you but cant see you :).... Thanx all for years of help & putting up with me. Have a great day
    Edit. Wow. Sad. what a list. So many great people. Hope ones that can return do so
    Post edited by boston1450 on
    Randy/Maine .. SDA-CRS+TL-RTA15TL-Cs1000p
  • boston1450boston1450 Posts: 6,670
    edited January 2019
    Cnh came to my house n picked up some gear & met my wife a few years back. I may still have his number n email. Great guy. Hope Scotty is doing good also
    Randy/Maine .. SDA-CRS+TL-RTA15TL-Cs1000p
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 16,691
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Snow was another tube(ular) guy

Yep and was selling a boat load of his tube stash the last few months. I really cried when i watched the pair 5692's go for a very very reasonable price.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 44,778
    Yeah I really miss Robert (Beardog), I was proud to call him a friend.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 8,261
    Derm wrote: »
    Rick88

Can't click agree hard enough.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,767
    Maybe this thread will help some of these lost souls find their way back home....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 8,261
    Yeah, and maybe cable naysayers will try aftermarket speaker cables and power cords.

XOywjQnU8R89q.gif
  • cmy330gocmy330go Posts: 2,339
    Wow. This is depressing. No school, like the old school. :'(
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 5,355
    Keiko.

I really miss Vader....
    “If your eyes didn’t water, it means I didn’t go deep enough” says the nurse administering my COVID19 test. She was sweet...
  • WillowWillow Posts: 10,125
    Gatemplin, Disneyjoe, JanMike...
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• agfrostagfrost Posts: 2,313
    treitz3 wrote: »
    BlueMDPicker, ThSmith, Rick88, Keiko, RuSsMaN, Doro, Shack, TroyD, TNRabbit, /mx, SCompRacer, obieone, BaggedLancer, Early B., ohskigod, reeltrouble, Face, Demiurge, RonP, engtaz, SkipF, MillerLiteScott, hoosier2, audiobliss, schwarcw......

And the list goes on and on...

...and on...

Tom

That's a good list, Tom. Heck, *you're* not around here like once-upon-a, but it's been nice seeing you post more of late.

Rich (SCompRacer) checks in but doesn't post as much as he once did, I'm lucky to be able to see him IRL from time to time.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Marantz DV-9500 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • thsmiththsmith Posts: 6,092
    I am still here just dont come around much. Work is pretty consuming.

Last month some guy sent me a message about Anthem Preamp schematics. I tried finding them for him but it was over 10 years ago and could not locate them.

A long list of names I have not heard in a while. Good to see there are some regulars still around.

Club Polk is still the best audio forum in my opinion.

Just PM me if you need something or to say hey.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 8,860
    Some of those guys still post when the force moves them
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,767
    dromunds wrote: »
    I have to say that I saw a post from 2006 that was saying the exact same thing about "tap-dancing around the minefield" so to speak, so it appears that sentiment's not entirely new, although often in the moment it appears to be so. Sometimes things "get going" around here but its still the only audio forum that I want to come to on a regular basis. There's a ton of good people here that give of their knowledge freely and that's who we really are.

Agreed... It's just that these days, there are more mines in the fields and now there are sniper teams lurking everywhere. You also need to watch out for the air support and drones that fly in and do their damage and disappear.

There are times where it can feel as though we are living in digital caves....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • krazypolkkrazypolk Posts: 714
    edited January 2019
    dromunds wrote: »
    I have to say that I saw a post from 2006 that was saying the exact same thing about "tap-dancing around the minefield" so to speak, so it appears that sentiment's not entirely new, although often in the moment it appears to be so. Sometimes things "get going" around here but its still the only audio forum that I want to come to on a regular basis. There's a ton of good people here that give of their knowledge freely and that's who we really are.

Agreed... It's just that these days, there are more mines in the fields and now there are sniper teams lurking everywhere. You also need to watch out for the air support and drones that fly in and do their damage and disappear.

There are times where it can feel as though we are living in digital caves....

Sounds like you're playing a video game...
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Many of the new members who joined after around 2008 probably never saw the "Tasteful Babe Thread". There was a lot of drama when the offended became activists.

Yep and the social justice warrior left immediately after the thread was removed. Polk got played once again.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• krazypolk wrote: »
    Sounds like you're playing a video game...

Yeah it's called "Battlefield". Play at your own risk.

MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • SIHABSIHAB Posts: 1,667
    edited January 2019
    rick88 for sure.
    rednedtugent was a hoot as well. (didn't know a damn thing about audio tho)
  • mantismantis Posts: 15,943
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Along with all the names mentioned I miss the old forum as well..
    I hear you there, when this forum was updated , many jumped Ship.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
    SIHAB wrote: »
    rick88 for sure.
    rednedtugent was a hoot as well. (didn't know a damn thing about audio tho)

Well Red, at least you admit it.

President of Club Polk