So besides George, Who do you miss around here?

Comments

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    edited January 2019
    Cnh came to my house n picked up some gear & met my wife a few years back. I may still have his number n email. Great guy. Hope Scotty is doing good also
    Randy/Maine
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Snow was another tube(ular) guy

Yep and was selling a boat load of his tube stash the last few months. I really cried when i watched the pair 5692's go for a very very reasonable price.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Yeah I really miss Robert (Beardog), I was proud to call him a friend.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Derm wrote: »
    Rick88

Can't click agree hard enough.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Maybe this thread will help some of these lost souls find their way back home....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Yeah, and maybe cable naysayers will try aftermarket speaker cables and power cords.

XOywjQnU8R89q.gif
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    Wow. This is depressing. No school, like the old school. :'(
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Keiko.

I really miss Vader....
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Gatemplin, Disneyjoe, JanMike...
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    treitz3 wrote: »
    BlueMDPicker, ThSmith, Rick88, Keiko, RuSsMaN, Doro, Shack, TroyD, TNRabbit, /mx, SCompRacer, obieone, BaggedLancer, Early B., ohskigod, reeltrouble, Face, Demiurge, RonP, engtaz, SkipF, MillerLiteScott, hoosier2, audiobliss, schwarcw......

And the list goes on and on...

...and on...

Tom

That's a good list, Tom. Heck, *you're* not around here like once-upon-a, but it's been nice seeing you post more of late.

Rich (SCompRacer) checks in but doesn't post as much as he once did, I'm lucky to be able to see him IRL from time to time.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    I am still here just dont come around much. Work is pretty consuming.

Last month some guy sent me a message about Anthem Preamp schematics. I tried finding them for him but it was over 10 years ago and could not locate them.

A long list of names I have not heard in a while. Good to see there are some regulars still around.

Club Polk is still the best audio forum in my opinion.

Just PM me if you need something or to say hey.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Some of those guys still post when the force moves them
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    dromunds wrote: »
    I have to say that I saw a post from 2006 that was saying the exact same thing about "tap-dancing around the minefield" so to speak, so it appears that sentiment's not entirely new, although often in the moment it appears to be so. Sometimes things "get going" around here but its still the only audio forum that I want to come to on a regular basis. There's a ton of good people here that give of their knowledge freely and that's who we really are.

Agreed... It's just that these days, there are more mines in the fields and now there are sniper teams lurking everywhere. You also need to watch out for the air support and drones that fly in and do their damage and disappear.

There are times where it can feel as though we are living in digital caves....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    edited January 2019
    dromunds wrote: »
    I have to say that I saw a post from 2006 that was saying the exact same thing about "tap-dancing around the minefield" so to speak, so it appears that sentiment's not entirely new, although often in the moment it appears to be so. Sometimes things "get going" around here but its still the only audio forum that I want to come to on a regular basis. There's a ton of good people here that give of their knowledge freely and that's who we really are.

Agreed... It's just that these days, there are more mines in the fields and now there are sniper teams lurking everywhere. You also need to watch out for the air support and drones that fly in and do their damage and disappear.

There are times where it can feel as though we are living in digital caves....

Sounds like you're playing a video game...
  • F1nut
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Many of the new members who joined after around 2008 probably never saw the "Tasteful Babe Thread". There was a lot of drama when the offended became activists.

Yep and the social justice warrior left immediately after the thread was removed. Polk got played once again.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• krazypolk wrote: »
    Sounds like you're playing a video game...

Yeah it's called "Battlefield". Play at your own risk.

Sal Palooza
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    edited January 2019
    rick88 for sure.
    rednedtugent was a hoot as well. (didn't know a damn thing about audio tho)
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Along with all the names mentioned I miss the old forum as well..
    I hear you there, when this forum was updated , many jumped Ship.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • F1nut
    SIHAB wrote: »
    rick88 for sure.
    rednedtugent was a hoot as well. (didn't know a damn thing about audio tho)

Well Red, at least you admit it.

President of Club Polk

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    hang on rfapper. Daddy will be back soon.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    What happened to Rick88? I sure do miss seeing that Linda Ronstadt avatar posted on these forums.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member