"Dumplin'" - Netflix

Excellent movie, something very different and refreshing. Check it out.
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2

Comments

• K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    It Looked interesting! Will give it a spin soon... :)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Jennifer is in this one as a Mom right? If so my wife keeps bothering me to watch it with her.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Yes. I think you'll enjoy it.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    Anybody else check this out?
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Nope, but its on my list.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    We enjoyed it...
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    It was a good flic. JA is quite funny.
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    I know it has a "Rating" as far as ages appropriate, but what age do you guys assume to be it made appropriate for?
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Still haven't got around to watching this. It's so low on my list. Maybe I'll make some time to watch it with the wife this weekend. She's been wanting to watch it.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • steveinaz
    K_M wrote: »
    I know it has a "Rating" as far as ages appropriate, but what age do you guys assume to be it made appropriate for?

I don't really remember any coarse language or anything...but I'm old and my memory is shot. LOL Seem to me to be a PG movie maybe?
  • reverb
    reverb Posts: 67
    Added it to my list. Maybe will get to.it this weekend. Thanks for the suggestion 👍
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited January 2019
    I watched it this weekend, saw nothing offensive. There is fat shaming and drag queens.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    @steveinaz You look a lot younger since you shaved.
  • steveinaz
    Right?!