What's in your Garage/Closet

2»

Comments

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    This pair of class a monoblocks had been resting in my closet for the past several months. Then a nice man from craigslist stopped by yesterday and took them home with him where hopefully they'll see some use.g21o1fk5zej1.jpg

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    daddyjt got some toys that's fer sure.... B)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    daddyjt wrote: »
    I am in the process of finishing the basement now. The up side is that I will, in the very near future have my own custom designed listening space for the first time in the past 4 houses. The down side is I WILL have to thin the herd somewhat, as I won’t have the storage space that I have now.

You should karma those monos to me. I'd give them a very good home keep them dust free and a warm place to live and feed them good quality electricity.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
  • Well I JUST got access to my garage after my Aunt kept her whole home in there for the year we have been at this house so nothing is just fine with me.

Going to eventually put in a projector and have a little garage theater for family movie night.

My closet used to be full of goodies, now it just has some extra tubes and messed up polk drivers.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    Nothing in the garage but a set of very old 1960s Aztec speakers that my FIL gave me. I do have a system in the garage that I use though. It is a Realistic receiver with some 1980s Mission sealed 8" woofer speakers. I play that for outdoor parties or when I'm working on the cars.

I used to keep a bunch of surplus gear in a 'magic closet' in the house. Over the years, I have sold off most of it. Right now, the only old/extra gear I have is a Sony KA1ES tape deck (needs belts), a Harmon Kardon 2-ch receiver with matching CD changer, a spare Mission center channel speaker, a 1st gen Sony PS1 (best version for cd playback, needs power supply), and a couple of Radio Shack "amp deal of century" amps (those who have been here for a long time remember them).
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Dodd ELP

Me too ;)
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    I have:

1. 1 minty Pioneer HR-100 8 track player (bless you, George Grand)
    2. 1 minty Pioneer SX-780 receiver
    3. 1 near-minty C.E.C. CD-3300 CD player
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    I might have some minty Altoids out in our garage, come to think of it.

Geez, maybe I should have a pug avatar now or somethin', postin' stuff like this.

;)

• pitdogg2
    DSkip wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I might have some minty Altoids out in our garage, come to think of it.

Geez, maybe I should have a pug avatar now or somethin', postin' stuff like this.

;)

Your current avatar is fitting. I always found you just a tad shady.

yes but that is just a touch "neutral" shade..... he's much more shady that he is letting on :#:#
  • mhardy6647
    meh, youse guyses are just throwin' shade.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Wonder how many shades of grey Doc has...
  • pitdogg2
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Wonder how many shades of grey Doc has...

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    My car, and assorted stuff.

e42015z7ypnc.jpeg

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • 2 cars, tool chest,workbench,mower,snow blower and an ash tray for us terrible smokers!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    BlueFox wrote: »

e42015z7ypnc.jpeg
    I always thought of you as more of the white Miata type with Hello Kitty seat covers.... :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251

e42015z7ypnc.jpeg
    I always thought of you as more of the white Miata type with Hello Kitty seat covers.... :p

Never have been a sport car fan. I have had my 2005 Mazda3 since October 2004. I was going to buy a new car when I retire this coming April, but now I think I will keep this car until it implodes. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    gmcman wrote: »
    aizpiabpat0e.jpg

She's a pretty one ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • dromunds
    That’s one of the nicest 212’s i’ve seen. Restored? Like the suitcase weights too
  • mhardy6647

e42015z7ypnc.jpeg

Never have been a sport car fan. I have had my 2005 Mazda3 since October 2004. I was going to buy a new car when I retire this coming April, but now I think I will keep this car until it implodes. :)

meh, I bought myself a new car last year. Nothing like a little peer pressure ;)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    charley95 wrote: »
    2 cars, tool chest,workbench,mower,snow blower and an ash tray for us terrible smokers!

We ain't so terrible. Smokers in general are some of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet....and they tip better too. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    edited January 2019
    mrbiron wrote: »
    gmcman wrote: »
    aizpiabpat0e.jpg

She's a pretty one ;)

Thank you.
    dromunds wrote: »
    That’s one of the nicest 212’s i’ve seen. Restored? Like the suitcase weights too

Thanks...yes, about 3 years ago, my son and I restored it for the most part, took it about 90% apart and addressed many areas, including the engine. He was 7 at the time so he helped on occasion...lol, but will be a lasting time for him when he gets older.

It was in ok shape when I bought it, but the Kohler needed a rebuild and I took every bolt off that engine and went all out. I figure if it made it 30 years I should put it back to go 30 more.

Here's a few pics.

Night I brought it home.

qzxqkk185woq.jpg

qgfuybk2mhdj.jpg

bz304k26lx4h.jpeg

Evaporust is some amazing stuff.

u4wmqcr5tu8b.jpg

i9hl56dz043t.jpg

uaodndlpy1wq.jpg

wjx3gosarcnn.jpg

trjpl6f1d2fh.jpeg

3uku94azrijn.jpg

1ivm8fvrnvoc.jpg

gpmtpx796fpf.jpg

Now fitted with a 48C deck and front bracket.

m8u7hpok8d9h.jpg

r5nwdhas7ojk.jpg

• dromunds
    Outstanding! I have one but the belt from the deck to the front comes off after using it about 45 minutes. Can't figure out what the problem is. A real solid workhouse of a tractor and when you look at what they cost now its worth it to restore them. I like those Kohlers, made not too far from me. I also have a 140 that's restored.
  • gmcman
    I have one but the belt from the deck to the front comes off after using it about 45 minutes. Can't figure out what the problem is.

Does yours have the tension adjustment in the front? If so, there should be a small gap from the mule drive to the frame, if that gap is closed up, you may need a new belt.

Nice, I love the look of the front of the 140's.
  • dromunds
    ^^^ Thanks, I'll check that out.
  • gmcman
    ^^^ Thanks, I'll check that out.

Also, check the mule drive for the belt guide under the pulley.

e5x7lsfuug8u.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    wow, what a labor of love! :)