Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Gerres26 wrote: »
    Tony M wrote: »
    eix9nmcfeyt9.png

Dang that's a deal for 1500.00! :o

It's like getting an NAD 2600 for free! If you even wanted to buy that amp.

1200.00 otherwise like pittdog2 said. :p

Somebody should jump on those, looks to be a damn good deal.

Should make for a fun holiday road trip also.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I thought about a road trip myself for a few seconds. :p
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Common, you can do it!!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited December 2018
    I could. ;):D

I use to travel 2K to 3K a WEEK for the most part of 5 years so that trip would be just like old times.

If I had nothing out there in the cottage and I just heard what one of the biggest Polks sounds like elsewhere and desired my own pair, I'd be leaving Richmond ( because I would've pursued those Wilson speakers FAST and probably be bringing them home, unloading them, and then hitting the road to go up to PA. I think is where they are. No problem now. But there has to be a change done around here. ;)

I plan on going out there tomorrow to make space and plan for sales! I'll soon find out what the used stereo/speaker wants and needs are around here!

Anybody know of a "Infinity speaker club" around the South East?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    FestYboy wrote: »
    ^ deleted

But in that same vein:
    https://williamsport.craigslist.org/ele/d/trout-run-polk-audio-sda-srs-12/6780408017.html

1.2TL $1200 No affiliation, I can't get them :'(

Less than an hour's drive from me... but no room and more importantly, no cash!

@muncybob - these aren't too far from you!
  • FestYboy
    la2vegas wrote: »
    scubalab wrote: »
    ^ deleted

But in that same vein:
    https://williamsport.craigslist.org/ele/d/trout-run-polk-audio-sda-srs-12/6780408017.html

Less than an hour's drive from me... but no room and more importantly, no cash!

@muncybob - these aren't too far from you!

I'll make room, I've got cash but alas, I'm too far. :/

Don't fret, you'll find another pair next week for $20...
  • FestYboy
    You shut your mouth! :p

Any luck on those 90s? Those 5s are a good deal too.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    I wanted to buy the 90's to part them out but there wasn't too much interest.

Well you never know. Sometimes you just need to take a leap of faith.
  • lawdogg
    lawdogg Posts: 449
    ^ deleted

But in that same vein:

Dang I used to live in Williamsport. I should call a friend to get them and hold them for a few years until I can drive through lol
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    lawdogg wrote: »
    ^ deleted

But in that same vein:

Dang I used to live in Williamsport. I should call a friend to get them and hold them for a few years until I can drive through lol

That is a deal! I paid 1 large for my SRS's (non-TL), and then bought 8 tweeters for replacement. :blush:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    audioluvr wrote: »
    ddog wrote: »
    You think that a bad...
    Check these out, I found them for sale on Cl..14rz5u5ftmku.jpg

Reminds me of a girlfriend I had once who had one bo ob bigger than the other.
    Maybe just the aereola in this case :D
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • jdjohn
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • FestYboy
    ^ want!!! Who's in the area that could polkie express them east?
  • FestYboy
    Gaaahhhh! I hate you!
  • jdjohn
    Looks like the one on the right is missing the "diffraction spoiler" above the tweeter.
  • jdjohn
    Where are you located, Festy?
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420

W O W ! ! Someone here needs to grab these! Smoking good deal!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • FestYboy
    jdjohn wrote: »

SE PA (Lititz)
  • jdjohn

SE PA (Lititz)
    A mere 12 hours from Nashville ;)
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633

SE PA (Lititz)
    A mere 12 hours from Nashville ;)

Weekend road trip.
  • scubalab
    edited January 2019
    ^ deleted

But in that same vein:

Did anyone here get these? Hopefully a polkie was able to pick them up.
  • lawdogg
    lawdogg Posts: 449
    scubalab wrote: »
    ^ deleted

But in that same vein:

Did anyone here get these? Hopefully a polkie was able to pick them up.

Wasn't me. :'(
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
  • FestYboy
    edited January 2019
    Last I saw they were still available., I'll check again... Please hold...

No longer listed. Here's hoping it went to a polkie.
  • scubalab
    Last I saw they were still available., I'll check again... Please hold...

No longer listed. Here's hoping it went to a polkie.

Yeah, saw that yesterday. I actually called the seller last week and chatted with him for a few minutes. I had no intentions to buy, but just wanted to get his thoughts on them. Nice guy, inherited them from his dad. He said he needed the cash and as long as the ad was up, they were available. Said he had a lot of interest in them, but no one was serious. I saw the ad was deleted yesterday, so they must have sold. I agree... hope someone around here got them.
  • For those that can snag these, this looks like a pretty good deal. They might not show up on people's radar as there is no mention of "SDA" in the ad.

$620 for a pair of 2.3TLs that look to be in excellent condition. No affiliation. If I didn't have 3.1TLs I might be tempted.

gpr1zyh92i1t.jpg

https://monterey.craigslist.org/ele/d/marina-polk-audio-multi-directionial/6788689566.html
    Speakers
    Energy RC-70 Mains, Energy RC-LRC Center, Energy RC-R (x4) Rear Channels, Energy RC-R (x2) Front Effects
    Polk 5jr+
    Polk SDA 2B
    Polk SDS 3.1TL

Equipment
    Panamax 5510 Re-generator Power Conditioner
    Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
    Digital Sources: Sony CDP-X339ES CD Player, HHB CDR830 BurnIt Professional CD Recorder, Sony PS3, Oppo DV-983H DVD Player
    Analog Sources: Sony TC-K890ES Cassette, Nakamichi DR-1 Cassette, Technics SL-7 Turntable
  • ThomasD
    ThomasD Posts: 260
    Sheeeeesh....... What I'd give to be a couple thousand miles closer. The 2.3tl's are my 'end game' SDA's. These would be perfect.
    Carver M4.0t, M1.0t, M200t, TX2, C1, C2, Marantz 2230, 2010, 4070, 1030, APPJ 2013, Rega Brio, Marantz Imperial 7's, Klipsch Heresy III, Quartets, KG4's, KG1's, 'The Sixes', R-12SW, Polk SDA 2a's, Monitor 7cTL's, SDA CRS's, 4a's, Zu Audio Dirty Weekends, Pro-ject Acryl TT, Cambridge 851N, 351C, Panamax 5300PM
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Great price. Wish i lived closer. They need to be checked out before buying since they look like there were in a storage unit.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I wonder if the Cb's are also included on that price? If i lived closer, i would sell my 3.1's for them if they work properly.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • ThomasD
    ThomasD Posts: 260
    And I'd have a use for my new 'Dreadnought' B)
    Carver M4.0t, M1.0t, M200t, TX2, C1, C2, Marantz 2230, 2010, 4070, 1030, APPJ 2013, Rega Brio, Marantz Imperial 7's, Klipsch Heresy III, Quartets, KG4's, KG1's, 'The Sixes', R-12SW, Polk SDA 2a's, Monitor 7cTL's, SDA CRS's, 4a's, Zu Audio Dirty Weekends, Pro-ject Acryl TT, Cambridge 851N, 351C, Panamax 5300PM