Temporary move to RI - tenporary 2 channel rig

Hi all,

I recently completed a move to Newport Rhode Island for a 6 month Navy school as I prepare to move on to the next chapter of my naval career. I am separated from my fiancé while I am up here (and unfortunately probably for the next week 2-3 years) so I am living in a navy housing roommate program. I was lucky enough to get the master in the duplex which left me pretty good room to set this up:

Klipsch The Sixes on trans deco 24” stands with some 1” wood blocks because the top plates weren’t big enough. Currently the only source is my Bluesound Node 2 (Wireworld eclipse interconnects) as I suffered an embarrassing snafu with my record player which will probably force me to get something else. I have added a Pangea Vulcan turntable stand to finish it off.

I am extremely impressed with this 1200ish dollar setup. This little stereo is a tenth of the cost of what I am used to listening to and I am not disappointed whatsoever which is saying something I think. These Klipsches sound great!

xanmfvrbbskw.jpeg
nk5n75mbfebn.jpeg
2 Channel - Major reduction complete

KEF LS50W I Rega P6 w/ Ania MC I Rega Fono MC I Audience Ohno ICs

Comments

• verbverb Posts: 6,097
    Nice setup stangdude! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 su, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • halohalo Posts: 4,988
    Sometimes it’s all about the music and how it sounds to you which doesn’t always correlate to the dollar amount invested. Very happy to read that you’re enjoying the little setup in the new digs :)
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,924
    Got the same Ikea chair for my space too! Nice little rig and don't worry...use all that money you won't be spending to save up for something really nice post service.

Speaking of which, thank you for your service.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • stangman67stangman67 Posts: 1,158
    I have to add that i still have all my higher end stuff. Just in storage for the time being since this is a relatively short stay. Really enjoying this simple setup

And the service is my pleasure, coming up on 8 years now. 12 short years left until I can retire at the ripe age of 42 :)

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 6,478
    How is the rigidity and stability of that stand when it's filled with vinyl like that? Been curious about those racks for a while now.
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    The stand is rock solid. I’m incredibly impressed for 100 bucks.

Very nice.
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,806
    I have said it before, some of the powered bookies play way above their price range. Nice setup.
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,
    USB helper: w4s Recovery
    Living Room: Teac AI-3000,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11
    Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

• verbverb Posts: 6,097
    stangman67 wrote: »
    The stand is rock solid. I’m incredibly impressed for 100 bucks.

Nice! I was looking at those. Pangea makes a complete line of stands, including amplifier stands. Price sure is right!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 su, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    I am pretty surprised by how nice it is. Wouldn’t mind having a larger one as my main rack

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 21,460
    The last six months I worked RFT (late summer through fall 2013), our house in Harvard had sold and I had a very modest apartment in the nearby, slightly hardscrabble town of Ayer. I called it my work release facilty :)

9505289368_c94d5a2bd6_h.jpgIMG_0132 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Your RI hifi is a cut above what I was rockin' -- though. On the other hand, mine was all dump findgrade -- including the tasteful equipment stand :p (and wasn't bad, either, all things considered).

Sorry for the hijack! :p
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 21,460
    erniejade wrote: »
    I have said it before, some of the powered bookies play way above their price range. Nice setup.

On the one hand, they can be utterly optimized -- amplification, contour, and driver(s). On the other hand, ya gotta like the same characteristic of sound that the manufacturer likes :)

I'd be very interested i.e., curious) to hear the powered Klipsches.
    I’m almost floored by how good these sound. I’ve never owned klipsches or any horn loded tweeter speaker before but they are so joyful to listen to.

Listening to Fleetwood Mac Rumours right now and Stevie’s voice just screams. Not at all fatiguing which I was worried about.

I’m almost floored by how good these sound. I’ve never owned klipsches or any horn loded tweeter speaker before but they are so joyful to listen to.

Listening to Fleetwood Mac Rumours right now and Stevie’s voice just screams. Not at all fatiguing which I was worried about.

I've read that the newer Klipsch products like these powered ones you have, and their upper end "reference" line are not shouty, harsh, or in any way fatiguing. Thanks for confirming that.
    I have solution to my TT conundrum on the way :)

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,199
    What do you do in the Navy?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,330
    edited January 15
    What do you do in the Navy?

Why sing and dance, of course. :D fbyj51o8lbj5.jpg
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SRS 2, SDA 2B, SDA II,SDA 1C, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9 Ebony, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
    I am a Surface Warfare Officer. Currently at Department Head School enroute to being a Chief Engineer on a ship

• la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,330
    I am a Surface Warfare Officer. Currently at Department Head School enroute to being a Chief Engineer on a ship

Thank you for your service. A lot of sacrifices by the men and women in our armed forces.
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SRS 2, SDA 2B, SDA II,SDA 1C, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9 Ebony, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,199

Thanks from a former 6027. Semper Fi!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 2,301
    Dang 1200 being one tenth of your normal system?! Ballin. Glad you are enjoying your set up, I got the 4 shelf version of that same rack and for $75 it does the job admirably.

Keep on rocking on!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
    Yea and I think that’s a conservative guesstamation. I’m by eyes it’s better to not really add it all up lol.

And thanks everyone! I really do enjoy my job

• joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 2,588
    Looks really sharp Zach! Love the wood tone of those speaks
    SPEAKERS - ELAC ADANTE AF-61, TOTEM RAINMAKER, SONUS FABER SOLO, DEFINITIVE TECH SM350, MIRAGE OASIS, SONOS PLAY 5 & 1'S, SVS SB16 ULTRA

POWER - PS AUDIO M700, LINN LK240, MARANTZ SR5013

PRE/DACS - PS AUDIO STELLAR GAIN, CAMBRIDGE AUDIO CXN V2

SOURCE - DENON 2910, SONY CDX355, JVC XM448, REGA P2 (MODDED) ANIA CART, REGA FONO MC, XBOX 1 S, TIVO BOLT

POWER/WIRES - AQ NIAGARA 5000, AQ HURRICANE HC (2M), AQ MONSOON HC (2M) , AQ COLORADO XLR (2M & 1M) AND RCAs(1M), AQ VICTORIA(1M), ACOUSTIC ZEN SATORI W JUMPERS(3M), ATLAS EOS PC, WW STRATUS X3/AURORA X1 PC, AQ CARBON HDMIs

MISC- OKKI NOKKI RCM, HARMONY ELITE, SONY 75XBR900E