WTB: 4 SL3000 or RDO-198 tweeters

I have been lurking for the last 2 years, but used to be very active on the forum. I now need your help. I am looking for 4 tweeters for my SDA-1C's. I would prefer RDO-198's but would also accept 4 SL3000's. Thanks for the help.
SDA-1C (full mods)
Carver TFM-55
NAD 1130 Pre-amp
Rega Planar 3 TT/Shelter 501 MkII
The Clamp
Revox A77 Mk IV Dolby reel to reel
Thorens TD160/Mission 774 arm/Stanton 881S Shibata
Nakamichi CR7 Cassette Deck
Rotel RCD-855 with modified tube output stage
Cambridge Audio DACmagic Plus
ADC Soundshaper 3 EQ
Ben's IC's
Nitty Gritty 1.5FI RCM

Comments

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 10,622
    Long time no see...

RDO-198's are still sold by Polk nad they still give Polkie discounts
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • TNTsTunesTNTsTunes Posts: 756
    What value capacitors and such did you use in your crossover so you 1C's can use SL3000's or RDO-198's? I haven't seen a 1C TL crossover mod posted.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• If you need RDO-198 tweeters I just got a sweet buy one get deal from Polk for my RTA 8tls. Oh and they gave me free shipping!
  • BC6BC6 Posts: 109
    I just ordered six RDO-198s for my new 2.3tls for just under $300 and free shipping. Awesome deal.
    2 Channel: Atohm GT-1 speakers, Atoll IN400 integrated amp, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB with Ortofon Bronze cartridge, SotM sMS-200 ultra streamer, SotM sPS-500 power supply, and homemade infinite baffle subwoofer with two Fi Audio IB318 drivers.

HT: All Polk: SDA 2.3tl fronts, CSiA6 center, 500-LS ceiling, RT/FX, RTi8, Monitor 4 rears, plus Yamaha CX-a5100 AV Preamplifier/Processor, Yamaha MX-a5000 11.1 channel amplifier, and Sony XBR55-AE1 OLED TV.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,389
    BC6 wrote: »
    I just ordered six RDO-198s for my new 2.3tls for just under $300 and free shipping. Awesome deal.

Correct, correct, same, same, same, correct. They make a huge difference. Not only to the highs, as one would expect, but also to the overall sound. I just got done doing a full mod job on my 2.3TLs and I am living (and listening) in a completely different galaxy. B)
  • To my knowledge the only tweeter available for the 1C is the RDO-194
    Yamaha RXA1030, Yamaha CD, Bluesound node 2i, Tidal
    Polk SDA2btl highly modded
    Polk SDA 1C
    Polk CS350 LS x2
    Polk m5jr
    Kimber 8TC
    Sony 55" Bravia
    Wish list SVS sub

• Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,389
    To my knowledge the only tweeter available for the 1C is the RDO-194

Corr.....what is a 1C? :p
  • FongolioFongolio Posts: 3,517

Where did you order from? Polk customer service tells me they no longer stock RDO-198 tweeters.
    SDA-1C (full mods)
    Carver TFM-55
    NAD 1130 Pre-amp
    Rega Planar 3 TT/Shelter 501 MkII
    The Clamp
    Revox A77 Mk IV Dolby reel to reel
    Thorens TD160/Mission 774 arm/Stanton 881S Shibata
    Nakamichi CR7 Cassette Deck
    Rotel RCD-855 with modified tube output stage
    Cambridge Audio DACmagic Plus
    ADC Soundshaper 3 EQ
    Ben's IC's
    Nitty Gritty 1.5FI RCM
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,953
    Fongolio wrote: »

Where did you order from? Polk customer service tells me they no longer stock RDO-198 tweeters.

Try a different CS rep.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BC6BC6 Posts: 109
    I called Polk customer service. Talked to a really friendly and helpful guy whose name I can't remember but the name on my invoice is Michael.
    2 Channel: Atohm GT-1 speakers, Atoll IN400 integrated amp, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB with Ortofon Bronze cartridge, SotM sMS-200 ultra streamer, SotM sPS-500 power supply, and homemade infinite baffle subwoofer with two Fi Audio IB318 drivers.

HT: All Polk: SDA 2.3tl fronts, CSiA6 center, 500-LS ceiling, RT/FX, RTi8, Monitor 4 rears, plus Yamaha CX-a5100 AV Preamplifier/Processor, Yamaha MX-a5000 11.1 channel amplifier, and Sony XBR55-AE1 OLED TV.
  • Gerres26Gerres26 Posts: 483
    I called Polk customer service. Talked to a really friendly and helpful guy whose name I can't remember but the name on my invoice is Michael.

I believe i talked to the same guy when i ordered my RDO 198s a little while back(same name on my invoice). Two of the eight i received had the plastic broke where the leads connect to the spades on the back of the tweeter. They still worked but i was worried the leads would snap eventually.

I called Polk and they told me just to keep them and sent me 2 replacements no questions asked. I've had nothing but great customer service when i call.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,697
    Nice try jbomber to skirt the rules. Get your read on below, you need 100 posts to sell. You've been reported as well.

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/98162/before-you-post-read-this#latest
  • jbomberjbomber Posts: 7
    Ah ha! Well, that certainly wasn't intentional. After 15+ years on eBay and Audiogon, I suppose I just became accustom to the idea of basic supply and demand and transacting online. I guess I'll have to find another way to find buyers who specifically want what I have a surplus of. In the meantime, I'll start racking up those posts until I get to 100 and then maybe there will be someone who still wants these. Thanks for the heads-up! Sorry Fongolio. best of luck in your search.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,697
    Welcome aboard jbomber please stick around. Those are not the correct tweeters for him anyway, not to mention he more than likely has replaced already being a year old ;)