Oppo which one?

Hi If I want to try and do the all in one audio /video unit and would like to try an Oppo which one would be the best sound for CD playback? I have understood the 95 may be the one?? Most analog? I am NOT looking for what seems to be the idea of good sound today to some which is hyper detailed and somewhat thin and analytical. Not musical in my book. I do not hear a guys nose hair moving when he is standing in front of my and I do not want to hear it through my stereo. Again would like to try and Oppo and am looking for the best one for CD playback/ Thanks guys

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited December 2018
    95, 105 would be the ticket. But honestly Keith good luck prices have sky rocketed since their announced departure from making anymore players.
    If you do not want analog then 93 and 103. The older 83/85 players i hear had problems.
  • geppy1
    geppy1 Posts: 3,071
    Ok The other thing I am considering is still sticking with separate units and looking at an NAD 565 v a Denon 1650AR Had one of the Denon 1650s for 9 years and thought it was very impressive Very harmonically rich Heard the 565 and it was pretty beefy Still all in one would be nice
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    If I was looking to avoid a highly detailed sound I would avoid Oppo altogether, regardless of the generation of player. Marantz or Cambridge Audio would be better choices.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    I would respectfully disagree. If you don’t want “detailed sound”, you could always “muddy” it up a bit with a tube buffer, but why not start with as detailed and correct a signal as possible. Added to that, the build quality, reliability and flexibility of Oppo should not be overlooked.

Toolfan’s 105 @ $750 is a steal - if I didn’t already have two myself, I’d be all over it.

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/184691/oppo-bdp-105-universal-disc-player#latest
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• geppy1
    Trying a 95 for around $400 which is below the going rate
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    geppy1 wrote: »
    Trying a 95 for around $400 which is below the going rate

For sure. I got a minty in the box 95 from CL for 3 hundie recently.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • geppy1
    Nobody is knocking detail Analytical is where the problem is I am not even slightly the only one who feels this way A well known speaker maker with the initials RV once said to me"There is more crap coming out of folk stereos then you every hear in front of a live instrument" He right
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I think you might be happier with a used Marantz SA 8004 or 8005 vs the oppo. The Marantz has a more analogue beefier sound vs the oppo in my option.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    i'll agree with Brian on this one. The Oppo is a good all in one player, the Marantz has a bit better sound for music.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable