Oppo which one?

Hi If I want to try and do the all in one audio /video unit and would like to try an Oppo which one would be the best sound for CD playback? I have understood the 95 may be the one?? Most analog? I am NOT looking for what seems to be the idea of good sound today to some which is hyper detailed and somewhat thin and analytical. Not musical in my book. I do not hear a guys nose hair moving when he is standing in front of my and I do not want to hear it through my stereo. Again would like to try and Oppo and am looking for the best one for CD playback/ Thanks guys

Comments

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,313
    edited December 2018
    95, 105 would be the ticket. But honestly Keith good luck prices have sky rocketed since their announced departure from making anymore players.
    If you do not want analog then 93 and 103. The older 83/85 players i hear had problems.
  • geppy1geppy1 Posts: 2,745
    Ok The other thing I am considering is still sticking with separate units and looking at an NAD 565 v a Denon 1650AR Had one of the Denon 1650s for 9 years and thought it was very impressive Very harmonically rich Heard the 565 and it was pretty beefy Still all in one would be nice
  • EmlynEmlyn Posts: 2,472
    If I was looking to avoid a highly detailed sound I would avoid Oppo altogether, regardless of the generation of player. Marantz or Cambridge Audio would be better choices.
    1. Polk LSiM707, 704C, 703; Dual SVS SB2000 subwoofers; Marantz SR7011 receiver; Parasound A23 amp; Oppo 205; Sony 65" 4K TV; FIOS; PS Audio Power Plant Premier; MIT S2 cables
    2. JM Labs Electra 920.1; Sonic Frontiers Line 3 Preamp; Classe Model 25 amp; Sony HAP-Z1ES; Oppo 105D; Music Hall MMF7 and Acoustech phono pre; PS Audio Power Director; MIT S1 Cables
    3. Polk LSiM703; Parasound JC2BP and A21; Sony 48" 4K TV; Wyred4Sound DAC 2; Oppo 203; Squeezebox Touch; MIT S3 cables
  • daddyjtdaddyjt Posts: 1,043
    I would respectfully disagree. If you don’t want “detailed sound”, you could always “muddy” it up a bit with a tube buffer, but why not start with as detailed and correct a signal as possible. Added to that, the build quality, reliability and flexibility of Oppo should not be overlooked.

Toolfan’s 105 @ $750 is a steal - if I didn’t already have two myself, I’d be all over it.

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/184691/oppo-bdp-105-universal-disc-player#latest
    Too much stuff to keep track of.

Currently enjoying: Legacy Focus 20/20, McCormack DNA 225, Bill D C1, Oppo 105
    Trying a 95 for around $400 which is below the going rate
  • verbverb Posts: 7,647
    geppy1 wrote: »
    Trying a 95 for around $400 which is below the going rate

For sure. I got a minty in the box 95 from CL for 3 hundie recently.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Nobody is knocking detail Analytical is where the problem is I am not even slightly the only one who feels this way A well known speaker maker with the initials RV once said to me"There is more crap coming out of folk stereos then you every hear in front of a live instrument" He right
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 5,001
    I think you might be happier with a used Marantz SA 8004 or 8005 vs the oppo. The Marantz has a more analogue beefier sound vs the oppo in my option.
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11, W4S recovery, Wireworld Platinum Starlight, PS Audio Direct Stream JR.

Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

• tonybtonyb Posts: 31,439
    i'll agree with Brian on this one. The Oppo is a good all in one player, the Marantz has a bit better sound for music.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable