Oppo which one?

Hi If I want to try and do the all in one audio /video unit and would like to try an Oppo which one would be the best sound for CD playback? I have understood the 95 may be the one?? Most analog? I am NOT looking for what seems to be the idea of good sound today to some which is hyper detailed and somewhat thin and analytical. Not musical in my book. I do not hear a guys nose hair moving when he is standing in front of my and I do not want to hear it through my stereo. Again would like to try and Oppo and am looking for the best one for CD playback/ Thanks guys

Comments

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,121
    edited December 2018
    95, 105 would be the ticket. But honestly Keith good luck prices have sky rocketed since their announced departure from making anymore players.
    If you do not want analog then 93 and 103. The older 83/85 players i hear had problems.
  • geppy1geppy1 Posts: 2,612
    Ok The other thing I am considering is still sticking with separate units and looking at an NAD 565 v a Denon 1650AR Had one of the Denon 1650s for 9 years and thought it was very impressive Very harmonically rich Heard the 565 and it was pretty beefy Still all in one would be nice
  • EmlynEmlyn Posts: 2,184
    If I was looking to avoid a highly detailed sound I would avoid Oppo altogether, regardless of the generation of player. Marantz or Cambridge Audio would be better choices.
    1. Polk LSiM707, 704C, 703; Dual SVS SB2000 subwoofers; Marantz SR7011 receiver; Parasound A23 amp; Oppo 205; Toshiba HD-DVD Player; Sony 65" 4K TV; FIOS; PS Audio Power Plant Premier; MIT S2 cables
    2. JM Labs Electra 920.1; Parasound JC2 Preamp; Sonic Frontiers Power 2 amp; Sony HAP-Z1ES; Oppo 105D; Music Hall MMF7 and Acoustech phono pre; PS Audio P1000; MIT S1 Cables
    3. Polk LSiM703; Pioneer Elite SC97 receiver; Oppo 203; Squeezebox Touch; MIT S3 cables
  • daddyjtdaddyjt Posts: 653
    I would respectfully disagree. If you don’t want “detailed sound”, you could always “muddy” it up a bit with a tube buffer, but why not start with as detailed and correct a signal as possible. Added to that, the build quality, reliability and flexibility of Oppo should not be overlooked.

Toolfan’s 105 @ $750 is a steal - if I didn’t already have two myself, I’d be all over it.

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/184691/oppo-bdp-105-universal-disc-player#latest
    Too much stuff to keep track of.

Currently enjoying: Legacy Focus 20/20, McCormack DNA 225, Bill D C1, Oppo 105
    Trying a 95 for around $400 which is below the going rate
  • verbverb Posts: 4,490
    geppy1 wrote: »
    Trying a 95 for around $400 which is below the going rate

For sure. I got a minty in the box 95 from CL for 3 hundie recently.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    Nobody is knocking detail Analytical is where the problem is I am not even slightly the only one who feels this way A well known speaker maker with the initials RV once said to me"There is more crap coming out of folk stereos then you every hear in front of a live instrument" He right
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,448
    I think you might be happier with a used Marantz SA 8004 or 8005 vs the oppo. The Marantz has a more analogue beefier sound vs the oppo in my option.
    Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,
    USB helpers: w4s Recovery
    Living Room Elite SC27, LSI25, SDA 3.1TL
    Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

• tonybtonyb Posts: 30,397
    i'll agree with Brian on this one. The Oppo is a good all in one player, the Marantz has a bit better sound for music.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-