Polk Monitor 7c

Options
MHagueJR26
MHagueJR26 Posts: 8
edited December 2018 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Hey Guys..... new here. I have recently purchased some monitor 7s. I was interested in doing some upgrades. So I read up, took the speakers apart. I am going to order the new tweeters from Polk tomorrow, the originals are sl2000. The wooders are mw6502. I am interested in getting the crossovers rebuilt or re done. This is new territory to me. Started getting into audio about 3 months ago. I am looking for someone who I can send them out to and who does a good job. I am located in New Jersey. All info welcomed. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by MHagueJR26 on

Comments

• MHagueJR26
    Options
    Also interested in what modifications or restoration should be done while I have these apart.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Contact member Westmassguy
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    MHagueJR26 wrote: »
    Hey Guys..... new here. I have recently purchased some monitor 7s. I was interested in doing some upgrades. So I read up, took the speakers apart. I am going to order the new tweeters from Polk tomorrow, the originals are sl2000. The tweeters are mw6502. I am interested in getting the crossovers rebuilt or re done. This is new territory to me. Started getting into audio about 3 months ago. I am looking for someone who I can send them out to and who does a good job. I am located in New Jersey. All info welcomed. Thanks in advance.

The woofer is mw6502 NOT the tweeters. The new tweeter you're looking for is the RD-0194. Mention your a member to club Polk for a small discount.

As for help with the XO reach out to

http://www.dhsspeakerservice.com/

@westmassguy is a great guy and does excellent work.
  • MHagueJR26
    Options
    Sounds great. Thanks guys appreciate it. Going to contact him tomorrow. Grateful for the help.
  • MHagueJR26
    Options
    I tried reaching out to him. Hopefully he gets back to me soon. This being my first small project, I am excited.
  • Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    Options
    Heh, heh, heh. First small project? Heh, heh, heh. Welcome...............to the rabbit hole!
    And yes, Dave at DHS Speaker wil make the 7's sing again.
  • MHagueJR26
    Options
    I spoke with him this morning. He is awesome!!! Thanks for connecting me to the right guy.