Polk Monitor 7c

MHagueJR26MHagueJR26 Posts: 8
edited December 2018 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Hey Guys..... new here. I have recently purchased some monitor 7s. I was interested in doing some upgrades. So I read up, took the speakers apart. I am going to order the new tweeters from Polk tomorrow, the originals are sl2000. The wooders are mw6502. I am interested in getting the crossovers rebuilt or re done. This is new territory to me. Started getting into audio about 3 months ago. I am looking for someone who I can send them out to and who does a good job. I am located in New Jersey. All info welcomed. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by MHagueJR26 on

Comments

• Also interested in what modifications or restoration should be done while I have these apart.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,121
    MHagueJR26 wrote: »
    Hey Guys..... new here. I have recently purchased some monitor 7s. I was interested in doing some upgrades. So I read up, took the speakers apart. I am going to order the new tweeters from Polk tomorrow, the originals are sl2000. The tweeters are mw6502. I am interested in getting the crossovers rebuilt or re done. This is new territory to me. Started getting into audio about 3 months ago. I am looking for someone who I can send them out to and who does a good job. I am located in New Jersey. All info welcomed. Thanks in advance.

The woofer is mw6502 NOT the tweeters. The new tweeter you're looking for is the RD-0194. Mention your a member to club Polk for a small discount.

As for help with the XO reach out to

http://www.dhsspeakerservice.com/

@westmassguy is a great guy and does excellent work.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,141
    Reach out to @westmassguy, he will take care of all your crossover needs. :)
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SRS 2, SDA 2B, SDA II,SDA 1C, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9 Ebony, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • Sounds great. Thanks guys appreciate it. Going to contact him tomorrow. Grateful for the help.
  • I tried reaching out to him. Hopefully he gets back to me soon. This being my first small project, I am excited.
  • FaustinFaustin Posts: 809
    Heh, heh, heh. First small project? Heh, heh, heh. Welcome...............to the rabbit hole!
    And yes, Dave at DHS Speaker wil make the 7's sing again.
  • I spoke with him this morning. He is awesome!!! Thanks for connecting me to the right guy.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,141
    MHagueJR26 wrote: »
    I spoke with him this morning. He is awesome!!! Thanks for connecting me to the right guy.

You're welcome!
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SRS 2, SDA 2B, SDA II,SDA 1C, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9 Ebony, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.