Bumblebee

Options
Just got home from seeing this and I must say this is my favorite Transformers movie of them all, even the first one. After the Michael "Blow up everything every 5 minutes" Bay run that I figured destroyed the series for good, they somehow managed to get a writer and director who must have watched the cartoon series.

The movie had heart, soul and was alot of fun. The humor for the most part was actually funny, unlike the annoying mess of an attempt by Mr Baysplosion.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this movie. Highly recommended!
No excuses!

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    I liked the Bayverse ok

What I never understood is why they decided to take bits and pieces of the original lore and create a whole new universe.

Regardless, I felt from what I've seen of bumblebee, they are aiming for true transformers want to see or very close to it.

G1 made transformers what it is

Glad to hear you liked it! I'm waiting for Blu ray
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    Tried to take the family to see it tonight, but the theater was sold out! We ended up seeing the new Spiderman cartoon/movie which I am still undecided about. It seems to get amazing reviews, but visually was a bit difficult for me with the comic book style animation.

We rarely go to see movies so will probably wait until Bumblebee comes out and then rent it at home.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • recoveryone
    Options
    Just got back and was a bit disappointed, but maybe I am use to the run & gun action of the previous films. The highlight of this film for me was hearing those 80's tunes. I may get this on Vudu later if priced right, but I will not pay retail for it. I am not sure if the theater had some issues, but many of the daylight scene had a lot of grain making it look like a film from the eighties. IMHO adding film grain is just like adding the old crackle and pop of vinyl to a new recording, too much cheapens the quality.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,519
    Options
    Meh

Other than flashbacks to 80s, it was kinda meh for me
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    wait, has Trey really been banned?
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    wait, has Trey really been banned?
    hc6364itc7xd.png
    It's probably IP address related.