The Predator

Ok so I picked this up and had some high expectations and was greatly let down. This movies basically sucked. I like most of the Predator movies and this one was the worse out of them all. It had a stupid but kinda cool story, stupid scenes where the Predator could have easily taken out everyone and didn't and to top it off they actually had one of them join with the humans kinda but done very stupid and corny.
The previews where way better then the actual movie. I'm actually a bit sorry I spent the money on the 4k disc. The sound was good, the video was sup par at best as the dark scenes looks terrible. The bright scenes where very good. When you have HDR 4k you'll understand what I'm talking about.
I'm not going to watch this again.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Thank you for not causing me to waste to hours of my life.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Eh it was a decent movie. I enjoyed it.

No better or worse than all the others.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    mantis wrote: »
    Ok so I picked this up and had some high expectations and was greatly let down. This movies basically sucked. I like most of the Predator movies and this one was the worse out of them all. It had a stupid but kinda cool story, stupid scenes where the Predator could have easily taken out everyone and didn't and to top it off they actually had one of them join with the humans kinda but done very stupid and corny.
    The previews where way better then the actual movie. I'm actually a bit sorry I spent the money on the 4k disc. The sound was good, the video was sup par at best as the dark scenes looks terrible. The bright scenes where very good. When you have HDR 4k you'll understand what I'm talking about.

In with 47... great Karma! :p;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031

In with 47... great Karma! :p;)
    Nice I'll probably do just that.
    Dan
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    I am not sure what was worse...the movie or Dan’s “sup par” spelling and grammar!

o:):D
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • EndersShadow
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    I am not sure what was worse...the movie or Dan’s “sup par” spelling and grammar!

That’s how I roll bro! Good enough for a watch but don’t expect it to be a “Avatar” either
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    You mean it's worse than Avatar? I already bought it and planned and watching it today or tomorrow. I bought The Equalizer 2 also, which I haven't seen yet. I bought a few movies to get me through the holidays. I already watched the latest Mission Impossible movie. Excellent action movie and great special features included on the second disc.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124

What do you expect, Dan listens to Rap music
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • EndersShadow
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

SHUT YO MOUTH FOO!!!!! BEFOE I BUSTA CAP IN IT!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471

Dang put your big boy panties on today or what .....
  • Hermitism
    He should've used the spoiler button for that last part about bustin' a cap!

SHUT YO MOUTH FOO!!!!!
    BEFOE I BUSTA CAP IN IT!

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    He's no IT genius like us brah
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Did anybody actually expect this movie to be any good? :o:p
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited December 2018

You be about as gangsta as this guy

jdzye4x6jjyu.png
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    LOL wrong Dan you guys. Mantis is also a Dan. :s:D
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Just watched this movie. Horrible. It was a total waste of my time.
    Speakers
    Energy RC-70 Mains, Energy RC-LRC Center, Energy RC-R (x4) Rear Channels, Energy RC-R (x2) Front Effects
    Polk 5jr+
    Polk SDA 2B
    Polk SDS 3.1TL

Equipment
    Panamax 5510 Re-generator Power Conditioner
    Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
    Digital Sources: Sony CDP-X339ES CD Player, HHB CDR830 BurnIt Professional CD Recorder, Sony PS3, Oppo DV-983H DVD Player
    Analog Sources: Sony TC-K890ES Cassette, Nakamichi DR-1 Cassette, Technics SL-7 Turntable
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    We watched it the other night rental, it held our attention, definitely not worth a purchase.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Hermitism
    If you took all the unnecessary "F" words out of it, it would be a 63 minute movie. I did the math. Thomas Jane had some funny lines, though. He should have been the only one allowed to say four letter words.
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    Anyone who has watched more than the original Predator deserves what they get.............
  • Good to know this was a waste of time.

I also had high hopes for Venom, being a Tom Hardy and Ducati motorcycle fan, but it was pretty bad too.

Of course I also thought Bird Box was terrible, and definitely did not live up to the hype.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Viking64
    Of course I also thought Bird Box was terrible, and definitely did not live up to the hype.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that "Bird Box" was "terrible", but I was disappointed and I agree that it "definitely did not live up to the hype".
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    I disagree on that, Bird Box was excellent.
    Dan
  • Viking64
    I disagree on that, Bird Box was excellent.

Ummmmm.....you bought the new "Predator". To add insult to injury, your review was painful to read.
  • RobbyKY
    RobbyKY Posts: 117
    Uh, wish I had read this three days ago. Just watched this bomb on an American flight between Dallas and Nashville. At least it was free and I had nothing better to do. Bad attempt at trying to blend comedy with traditional predator action while working n a global warming angle. Amazing how alien software code is compatible with Microsoft.......
    Media Room: Parasound JC-5, Cambridge 851N, Schiit Freya, SDA SRS 1.2tl
    Game Room: Carver M4.0t, Carver C-4000, Oppo BDP-105, SDA SRS 1.2tl
    Bar/Card Room: Carver TFM-55, Carver C-1(BillD), Oppo BDP-93, SDA SRS 3.1
    Son's Room: Carver TFM-55, Carver C-1(BillD), Laptop/AQ Dragonfly, SDA SRS 3.1
    Bedroom: McIntosh MC150, Cambridge CXN, SDA 2Btl
    Outdoor Pool Area: Yamaha R-N803 with four Polk Atrium 6
    HT: Polk RTi A9s, CSi-A6, RT-65, RTi-A3's, Marantz SR5012, XPA3, UDP-203, Epson 5040UB

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited January 2019
    Amazing how alien software code is compatible with Microsoft.......

Bill Gates will steal code from anybody...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson