Odyssey Audio Kismet Monoblock Integrated, external power supply

VR3
VR3 Posts: 27,970
edited December 2018 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
So, with my separation of my HT and 2 channel, I have decided to go pre-amp-less. This kind of negates my need for this arrangement.

I have been extremely pleased with the sound of this unit, with the external power supplies the background is super black and has an extremely musical sound that just allows hours and hours of listening.

This build is fairly unique in that it is a 3 piece configuration, there is the main unit which houses a monoblock and tube preamp. The secondary unit for the second monoblock and a third unit for the power supplies to the main unit.

Included is the following

Main unit, monoblock and preamp chassis
Secondary unit, monoblock
Third unit, power supplies for main unit
2 x umbilical cables for power supply hook up
2 x power cables
1 x remote control (volume only)
2 sets of preouts
Original boxes
2 x mullard 12au7 tubes
2 x rca clear top tubes
2 x rca black plate tubes

Condition, I would say they are in overall great condition, few small marks here and there and the chrome pillars show some light wear. See pics

Specs
Ultra fast and ultra expensive Symphonic Line Caps
Stereo version 2 x 160W / 8 Ω
Mono version 1 x 200W + 1 x 200W / 8 Ω
Ultra high current designs
19" x 19" x 6"
60 lbs each / 27 kg each
Stable to 2 ohms
Made in USA, amplifiers based off of the rg11 from symphonic line
Double traced circuit boards, high quality wima caps, sonicap
Wbt binding post and rcas

This unit has an input labeled as HT bypass, but it is not a HT bypass.

Will post pics in a day or so

$2950 shipped, will accept trades and will drive up to 4 hours for delivery or hand off

- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• VR3
    Forgot to mention, I am the second owner but have never registered the unit so the warranty will be transferable which is 20 years. Not sure of the exact age, but it is under 3 years.

bx5848j1v024.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    uaw9idlnmy1i.jpg
    3bjvybena2tx.jpg
    acyiqh1zxzfq.jpg
    bbaevdex3zc2.jpg
    mkgrm2ytpmca.jpg
    l4h5nxm56a68.jpg
    cc3kngr1idwf.jpg
    6uoz9set8x3p.jpg
    wmbn5kgy2k50.jpg
    0hrw1fhdvafb.jpg
    xjeng4lbgiuj.jpg
    0v1bb7s7zeno.jpg
    irowizpior0e.jpg
    a7mf3qr0wxji.jpg
    o4ecb0fynmx5.jpg
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Wow, that is some nice gear! Wish I had that in the budget! GLWTS.
  • VR3
    Thank you 😊
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,553
    If you visited at my place you heard the lesser, much lesser, version of this.

Sell the kids, give up a kidney, put your jewelry in hock.

You need this!!!
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • VR3
    It's definitely the best setup I have had, beautiful sound. Can't go wrong
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Beautiful!!! Wow!!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • VR3
    Appreciate the kind words, the bottom unit is really hard to do justice in photographs. Very nice high quality build
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Are you making room for your mother in law to move in? Really nice gear and wedding band BTW.
  • VR3
    Lol, hopefully a few more years before that lol

Thank you 😜
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Needs to be working on a little Trey Jr. before the Mother in law thing....

Not Trey
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    Scary thoughts

This bad boy is boxed up and ready to rock it up... Three boxes!
  • VR3
    Will throw in a 1.5 ft pair of these (sound excellent) for Polkies

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/interconnects/supra-eff-isl-interconnect-with-rca-pair/
  • VR3
    Slight change of pricing

I'll hold firm here for a long time as I'm not in a hurry

2450 plus shipping without any rca cables. This price also includes up to 4 hr delivery. PayPal fees extra

Not sure you can find a better set for the money with almost 300 in tubes
  • VR3
    4 or so hours away??? get it by Christmas!!!
  • treitz3
    Well, you said it....

Not Tom.

So, I'll pass.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    You need a tube preamp in your life
  • treitz3
    Yes....yes I do. I miss Gary's piece. Without it? An estimated 10% of reproduction gone.

Ouch. Merry Christmas, Trey!

Tom
  • VR3
    Add some mini Utopias mains and you have a killer 2 channel 😜
  • VR3
    Bumpski

Packed and ready to rock N roll
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Good deal here gents. Quality stuff at a totl AVR pricing. Don't let this slip away, you can always ask for forgiveness later.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • VR3
    Thanks for the bump... Not to mention the tubes...

Mullard, clear tops, black plates, off to a good tube roll start!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Yep, you also get quality tubes with it, you just saved hundreds more. Plus hand delivered within 4 hours, you just saved money on shipping too and any risk of damage.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    That looks really nice Al! Congrats!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    You’re gonna really like it. I have the big brother Stratos Stereo seriously hot rodded by Klaus. Great piece of kit.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,553
    There is some serious friggin' magic in this thing. I've been a Klaus Klient for 10 years or more. This replaced a Tempest/Stratos Extreme Dual mono +++ setup that's been in place for over 5 years. I also have a Candela that's been in and out but I prefer the Tempest. I know the Odyssey Audio sound well.

Have had it lit up and running, really amazing extension on the treble, bass very well controlled and also extended. Jaw dropping sound stage.
    Tested tubes last night on the tester and found the set I had in this to be bad (one side of one tube completely failed). So I threw another set in. Muddy mids..blah... I took that opportunity to switch the Tempest back in. No magic... it sounded good but no magic. Took the Tempest back out and put a basic set of 12AU7 Amperex orange labels in the pre that tested very strong and magic is back.

Maybe because the transformer for the pre is external? I've got another 8 pair of 12AU7's and variants to go through that tested good so more fun to come.

Gonna have to pry my cold, dead hands from this rig if you think it's leaving!
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Nice!!!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.