Jm Lab Focal Mini Utopia Stereo Pair

VR3
VR3 Posts: 27,965
edited December 2018 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Great condition JM Lab (Focal) Mini Utopia Stereo Pair. Bottom shows normal wear for speakers this age, some polishing/cleaning marks. One speaker does have two notable dings, see pics. Bottoms do have wear but they are hidden when in use.

Sound is excellent! The last Utopia speaker generation with a user serviceable tweeter!

Included in the photos are the most obvious blemishes on the speakers, I would say it is a solid 7/8 out of 10, shows extremely well from a distance.

I have adequate boxes, solid foam casing.

$2500 local pick up or 4 hours one way driving, otherwise plus shipping and paypal

24"T x ’16"D x 10"W
59 pounds

Original MSRP 3500 each

6.5" Focal woofers "W Sandwich"1" Tioxid inverted tweeter
Ported through slots in the front

50Hz to 25kHz +/- 3dB.

91.5dB (2.83V/1M)
8 ohm nom

25 to 150Wpc
Point to point crossovers (stock)
Lead plate damped enclosure
WBT Binding Posts

Anigré side panels

Tauri wood panel for tweeter accents

Link to review: http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/jmlab_mini_utopia.htm

62hjrxtrvxna.jpg
b8805osd53m7.jpg
37f8tma8n4l6.jpg
sykz9u67v8i1.jpg
dfviq82uaj5n.jpg
a1fqhhidassx.jpg
6svlef453icd.jpg
ymwfezq4rhew.jpg
knj97h4stzji.jpg
7h5pdzyquz15.jpg
qpoyob61izz3.jpg
0kx9sfvbekhm.jpg

- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Can you send them my way for a trial?

Man...too many things I wanna buy showing up whilst I am too low on spare scratch...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Can you send them my way for a trial?

Man...too many things I wanna buy showing up whilst I am too low on spare scratch...

No doubt!!
  • VR3
    Need a teleporter!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    What are you replacing them with... inquiring minds want to know.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    edited December 2018
    I'm not replacing them, was curious to hear them.

My main system is the mezzo utopia and my secondary is the Wilson cub.

These are very similar to both of those, they are not better than either, just sound different. Phenomenal pair of speakers and don't let the 50hz bass rating fool you, they are very pleasing in 2 channel by themselves
  • VR3
    Polk special, will upgrade crossovers at dealer cost with free labor. I prefer to do it with cmr caps and duelund resistors.

These things would rock
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    GLWTS Trey! I hope they sell soon so that I'm not tempted!
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • VR3
    edited December 2018
    Thank you sir! The utopia line is a treat for sure.

Forgot to mention, these need approx a 30 inch stand

I have a third one if someone wants a matching LCR 😂 but it has some damage, would hook up a Polkie for 600 plus shipping, which for the sonic performance is a steal

dwywmreajuwr.jpg
  • VR3
    edited December 2018
    Last post update

Clarity CMR caps in the tweeter network, csa in the midbass (shunt position) with duelund resistors comes to a whopping 350 bucks for the pair!
  • VR3
    Sold on the bay!