Ready Player One

Just got home from seeing Ready Player One. Without a doubt, one of the funnest most enjoyable movies i've seen in a long time. It's an absolute must see, especially for fans of the 80's. When Mecha-Godzilla joined the battle, I darn near lost it. So funny and so awesome at the same time! Go see this movie! FYI...there's ONE F-Bomb spoken in this movie and it is one of the most well placed and appropriate F-Bombs ever! LMFAO! You'll love it!

Spielberg really nailed this movie! It's a release day Blu Ray buy already for me.
No excuses!

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Nice!
    I just read this book last year, and it's one of my favorite reads. I have to say, the movie looks like it's pretty good too. When I saw the trailer, a lot of it was just like I imagined, like the trailer park and dance club, for example. Yes, very fun 80s refs!
    I disabled signatures.
  • BC6
    BC6 Posts: 109
    Awesome movie! I liked the book better, but mostly because I had time to enjoy all of the 80s references. I know I missed a lot in the movie. I’m looking forward it to buying it so I can pause and look for them.
    2 Channel: Atohm GT-1 speakers, Atoll IN400 integrated amp, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB with Ortofon Bronze cartridge, SotM sMS-200 ultra streamer, SotM sPS-500 power supply, and homemade infinite baffle subwoofer with two Fi Audio IB318 drivers.

HT: All Polk: SDA 2.3tl fronts, CSiA6 center, 500-LS ceiling, RT/FX, RTi8, Monitor 4 rears, plus Yamaha CX-a5100 AV Preamplifier/Processor, Yamaha MX-a5000 11.1 channel amplifier, and Sony XBR55-AE1 OLED TV.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    I never read the book and have heard they (surprise) changed some things, but overall stuck with the book. It was a total blast for me and some of the best fun i've had at the movies in a while.

All I can suggest is to just go in looking for pure fun. Grab the largest container of popcorn and enjoy!
    No excuses!
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    I am looking forward to this!
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Now that was a good movie
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    You should read the book except to would mean more to you if you grew up in the 70's & 80's and remember playing the early Atari 2600 etc..
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Joey_V
    I was after the Atari, NES I recall.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    I just picked this up at Best Buy today on 4k HDR and it was awesome. The sound quality alone even if the movie was terrible is totally worth it. The movement and placement of sound might be one of the very best I've heard to date. Killer audio demo for sure.
    Really clever movie.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,969
    My go to demo is the race scene and the explosion of the orb... Straight up foundation movers

Watching those scenes at reference is like a gym visit

I really enjoyed the movie too
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Normally not my cup of tea but I did actually enjoy this one.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    VR3 wrote: »
    My go to demo is the race scene and the explosion of the orb... Straight up foundation movers

Watching those scenes at reference is like a gym visit

I really enjoyed the movie too

I agree. The SVS SB16 is a beast on those scenes
    They are show off scene worthy
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Watched it on the airplane for our vacation... wasn’t expecting much. I greatly enjoyed it, and will absolutely be buying it when we get home.