This might make you jealous.......

2»

Comments

• BlueFox wrote: »
    Nope. Love my speakers. However, the TV needs to be at least 3x bigger. :)

... or at least centered between the speakers.

Some room treatments might be helpful too.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    If they are Yamaha NS-1000? Cabinets have been all refinished.i have only seen black. Very expensive and highly regarded in certain circles. Somewhat Bright and revealing,will show any flaws in your system. Sold my pair from GW a year ago for 1K. And the guy already had two more sets at home. Thanks for sharing. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited December 2018
    0elkht9olmmn.png

Looks like a bunch of NS-690s to me.

uurjkoz3vzyj.png
    (borrowed image)

Y'all may have noticed that, while I have ahem a couple of pieces of Yamaha electronics, I have zero pairs of Yamaha loudspeakers. 'nuff said :)
  • Jealous? Um.......not so much. What would you call too much of a bad thing?
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    Jealous no. Mad yes cause I can't find my lotion.
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    gwh wrote: »
    Jealous no. Mad yes cause I can't find my lotion.

Uhhmmmm... ok then.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    edited December 2018
    Stuff like this makes me jealous -- for the record, FYI and FWIW.

v9ltr4clt7c0.png
    rvsmde6to1wb.png

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Just make sure you don’t cut the red wire... looks like it might explode.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    edited December 2018
    F1nut wrote: »
    Since the sarcasm in my title seems to have buzzed a few towers let me make it clear that I was being highly sarcastic.

@F1nut?! Sarcastic!?!
    I am shocked. Shocked.

https://youtu.be/SjbPi00k_ME

In seriousness, I was shocked by those who took this thread @ face value. Maybe they're being sarcastic. Facetious, even.

:|

I believe it was George S. Kaufman who wryly observed (of one of his own plays):
    Satire is what closes on Saturday night

B)

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    edited December 2018
    Shut the front door no way Jesse

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • When you look at that setup closely, you start to notice how much work went into making it look symmetrical. The Yammies on the top left are different than those on the right at the top of the TV. They had to block the whole stack on the right to get a similar height due to this. And what is up with a single mirror image Yamaha in that whole bunch of monitors?
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    People who say front the shut door should be banned.

Wait a minute.....Jesse was sarcastic? Who knew? LOL

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
  • mhardy6647
    hold the phone.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Let me hold a dollar.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Hold my beer....
  • mhardy6647
    edited December 2018
    Tony M wrote: »
    Let me hold a dollar.

5kanbbqqkzx4.png