New car new system

Looking to put a system in my "new" car. 94 mercury sable. Calls for 6.5s and 5x7s. Have an nvx jad 800.4 4 channel. Outputs 125x4 at 4 ohms. What speakers would pair well. This does use the same internals as one of the polk amps.
2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    check "Crutchfield" for all your car audio needs. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Before you worry about tunes, replace the rear struts and springs before they break on you. That is unless you like the saggy a$$ look. Make sure there's no front subframe rot too...
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited December 2018
    Been on there, just hoping that you guys would have recommendations on matching amps to speakers
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • The car is in great shape, 1 owner car and well looked after. Grandpa gave it to me. Will be doing ball joints and bushings soon though. gmvtzqqss3cq.jpg
    l0dwfbdk5uqr.jpg
    nfcilcx2ru8x.jpg
    1k5al0mb02k9.jpg
    k09nttt7czdo.jpg
  • FestYboy
    That's not too super critical in car audio (amp matching). I'd focus on the front with some components and add a 8" sealed sub. Don't forget sound deadening.
  • Got a box of dynamat or the like, the mercury is already heavily deadened at least in the rear deck lid. And im thinking dual 10s in a ported box, as I have them already and 1200 rms.
  • And components are the route i plan to go. Just was told by a friend who does car audio for a living that that amp is too much for most speakers.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    And components are the route i plan to go. Just was told by a friend who does car audio for a living that that amp is too much for most speakers.

At least in home audio, there is really no such thing...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • FestYboy
    That is BS, most quality aftermarket speakers will be perfectly fine behind that amp. Most amps today don't hit their rated or advertised numbers without clipping. If you care about SQ at all, cut the number of subs in half and build the best box you can for it.
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited December 2018
    FestYboy wrote: »
    That is BS, most quality aftermarket speakers will be perfectly fine behind that amp. Most amps today don't hit their rated or advertised numbers without clipping. If you care about SQ at all, cut the number of subs in half and build the best box you can for it.

Custom box for my 10w7 is in the works, after i get it rebuilt. And ok, fair enough, will get what seems to be a good buy and a good speaker.
  • Yeah the hard part about car audio is no way to audition before hand. The good part, it doesn't matter as much compared to home audio.

Polk makes decent speakers, Focal is good. I enjoy my RE Audio Reference components, the silk dome is a great tweeter. I find there has to be more synergy between head unit and speakers than amps.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • I enjoyed Polks in two different cars over the years
  • Right now I just have an old Kenwood head unit I had laying around, and some rockford prime 6x8s driven by the head unit just to replace the dry rotred paper cones in back. Will hold off on the fronts till I double din and amp and get something I know will be good up there. Looking at ct sounds digital designs, but ill look into those cody suggested, and polks are always an option.