Vitamix

tonybtonyb Posts: 30,902
Anyone own one ? Talk to me....what's the best model/series ? My in-laws have the 7500 and would have sex with it if they could. I was thinking the 5200-300 series. People rave about these things but all I read is problems with black plastic specks, breaking down, and poor CS. Set me straight.
HT SYSTEM-2 channel
Sony 850c 4k
Pioneer elite vhx 21
Sony 4k BRP
SVS SB-2000
Dynaudio Audience 72
Polk FX500 surrounds
Cary xciter dac
Cullen modded Sonos
Joule la-100 pre
B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
B&k 1430
Tad 803 speakers

Comments

• shawn474shawn474 Posts: 2,910
    I use the ninja. Cheaper and just as effective; I have used both
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony BDP-S1000ES
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,356
    I have a blendtec total wild side+. Works pretty darn well for our needs (mostly smoothies). Friends had their jar start leaking after several years, called customer service and got a new shipped out free until warranty. Reputation for good CS...
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Parasound HCA-1000A, PSB Imagine B, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • stangman67stangman67 Posts: 1,153
    I have a vitamix 6500 and love it. Had a ninja before and the comparison between the two isn’t even close in my opinion. Votamix has good refurbished deals, picked mine up directly from them refurbished 4 or 5 years ago and never had an issue with it
    2 Channel - Major reduction complete

KEF LS50W I Rega P6 w/ Ania MC I Rega Fono MC I Audience Ohno ICs

• We’ve an old Vitmix from the early 2000s. The motor went a cope of years ago, but we can trade it in for 50% off a new model. It was an awesome blender.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,185
    edited December 2018
    Need something for that aging prostate, eh Tony?

Centrum works better imho... and without the mess.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • Moose68BashMoose68Bash Posts: 3,571
    @tonyb,

My wife and I have owned a Vitamix Professional Series 750 for about a year. I use it every day, and my wife uses about as often. We have not done anything really "heavy duty" with it. We have had no problems. Prior to purchasing it, we used a Waring Commercial blender, and the Vitamix runs circles around it with respect to power for mixing, chopping, pureeing and, especially, liquifying and with respect to the smoothness of the result (if you are aiming for smoothness). We bought a large and a smaller blending container, and we find both useful.

I did quite a bit of research before making the purchase. My daughter pushed for the Vitamix because she has used one for years and swears by it. A good friend who is really into smoothies highly recommended a Blendtech model (whose number or name I do not recall). I finally purchased the Vitamix because I got a better price for the comparable model.

Both the Vitamix and Blendtech are noisy. Blendtech sells models with a noise dampening enclosure that cost more. My wife makes me wear hearing protection when I'm running the Vitamix because she thinks my hearing is already compromised -- that is, she is convinced that I play music louder than she likes because my hearing has been compromised.

My opinion is that either the Vitamix or the Blendtech machines are a quantum improvement over standard blenders, but that differences between the performance of the Vitamix and Blendtech are likely to be immaterial.

Just MHO.

PS: Yes, @nooshinjohn, I use it for blending pomegranate powder into orange juice because pomegranate powder is reputed to be good for those with prostate cancer. Pomegranate powder is very sticky, and my ordinary blender left both clumps of it in the blend and blotches of it on the sides of the container.
    Family Room, PS Audio PW Transport, DirectStream DAC; AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux SM6 MKII Pre; AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps or CAT 600.2 Dualmono Amp, Morrow SP7 Speaker Cables, SDA SRS 1.2tls (RD0198s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: "The Abbot" Monastery-Level Xovers, Custom Internal Wiring, Binding Post Plates, & SDA ICs).

Exercise Room, Wadia 171 iPod Dock, PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC, AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux SM6 Preamp, AQ King Cobra RCAs, Perreaux PMF3150 Amp, Dreadnought, Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables, SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers).

Synology 713+ NAS on Gigabit LAN serving PW MkII DAC & DirectStream DAC.
  • delkaldelkal Posts: 488
    edited December 2018
    Google "will it blend?" and watch the videos on Youtube. It will entertain you for hours.

Don't breath this.............

But be warned. A Vitamix will seem lame in comparison,
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 30,902
    Thanks for the input guys.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 13,152
    How good is it at whipping up a batch of frozen margaritas that's the real story here?
  • gmcmangmcman Posts: 1,408
    We have one, the Pro 500 that we bought as a refurbished unit. Warranty is 5 years instead of 7.

My BIL has the Ninja...the big one, not sure which model it is...no comparison imo...plus the ninja is a pita to clean.

You can dump in peanuts only and it will make peanut butter. Also, it spins so fast it will make hot soup from just the friction of the blades.

We debated both the Blendtec and the Vitamix, hard to go wrong but we have zero complaints.

There are models with the larger jug which sits lower and will fit under the cabinets if that's a concern. The blades are larger on the wider jugs which also use a slightly stronger motor, I dont think you can use the small, wide jug on models with the taller jug...just a heads up.
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 2,871
    Having had experience with both Vitamix and Ninja I will echo the sentiments of others here...there is no comparison (at least not one that's good) between the two. Vitamix is top notch, Ninja uses a lot of cheaper parts and have many issues. Just google issues with Ninja and see what comes up. If you're going to use one occsionally then the Ninja may be fine. If you want to buy one you can use daily with little to no problem then go with the Vitamix. Have no experience with Blendtec.
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 10,890
    Try this. :)

Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • GlennDogGlennDog Posts: 1,889
    T
    I've got an older 5000 series that in a word is a "workhorse"
    If you can get one, prolly a refurb, I wouldn't hesitate. No advanced electronic to go wrong (tho, when they're working right, they work well)

This thing is Geo Forman pounding the daylights outta anything you throw in it. No issues, except for the order in which you add ingredients. That is just a learning curve. No biggy
    Going strong for 'bout 10 years
    Power Rogue M180 monos & Adcom GFA 5802
    PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Rears Salk SuperCharged Surrounds
    DAC North Star Design Supremo
    Source PSA PWT & Oppo 205
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Pre Cary SLP-98 F1
    Center Salk HT2C
    Wires MIT S3.3
    PSA PC AC-12
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Parasound HCA-1000A, PSB Imagine B, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
    HT Rig:
    ;
    Master Bedroom
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 2,571
    Had ours for over 8 years now. Had one replacement container because we messed up when putting back together one day (and Vitamix covered the whole cost)
    Great company.
    SPEAKERS - ELAC ADANTE AF-61, TOTEM RAINMAKER, SONUS FABER SOLO, DEFINITIVE TECH SM350, MIRAGE OASIS, SONOS PLAY 5 & 1'S, SVS SB16 ULTRA

POWER - PS AUDIO M700, LINN LK240, MARANTZ SR5013

PRE/DACS - PS AUDIO STELLAR GAIN, CAMBRIDGE AUDIO CXN V2

SOURCE - DENON 2910, SONY CDX355, JVC XM448, REGA P2 (MODDED) ANIA CART, REGA FONO MC, XBOX 1 S, TIVO BOLT

POWER/WIRES - AQ NIAGARA 5000, AQ HURRICANE HC (2M), AQ MONSOON HC (2M) , AQ COLORADO XLR (2M & 1M) AND RCAs(1M), AQ VICTORIA(1M), ACOUSTIC ZEN SATORI W JUMPERS(3M), ATLAS EOS PC, WW STRATUS X3/AURORA X1 PC, AQ CARBON HDMIs

MISC- OKKI NOKKI RCM, HARMONY ELITE, SONY 75XBR900E
    FYI several blendtec machines are on sale on amazon. The one that I own is $100 cheaper than I paid a few months ago!!!
    HT Rig:
    ;
    Master Bedroom
  • zingozingo Audiophile Posts: 11,809
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Vitamix has good refurbished deals

I just purchased a refurbished one for my wife for Christmas with full warranty at half price. It will be her first Vitamix but I have high hopes.