Vitamix

tonyb
tonyb Posts: 32,903
Anyone own one ? Talk to me....what's the best model/series ? My in-laws have the 7500 and would have sex with it if they could. I was thinking the 5200-300 series. People rave about these things but all I read is problems with black plastic specks, breaking down, and poor CS. Set me straight.
HT SYSTEM-
Sony 850c 4k
Pioneer elite vhx 21
Sony 4k BRP
SVS SB-2000
Polk Sig. 20's
Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
Grant Fidelity tube dac
B&k 1420
lsi 9's

Comments

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    I use the ninja. Cheaper and just as effective; I have used both
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I have a blendtec total wild side+. Works pretty darn well for our needs (mostly smoothies). Friends had their jar start leaking after several years, called customer service and got a new shipped out free until warranty. Reputation for good CS...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    I have a vitamix 6500 and love it. Had a ninja before and the comparison between the two isn’t even close in my opinion. Votamix has good refurbished deals, picked mine up directly from them refurbished 4 or 5 years ago and never had an issue with it
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited December 2018
    Need something for that aging prostate, eh Tony?

Centrum works better imho... and without the mess.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    @tonyb,

My wife and I have owned a Vitamix Professional Series 750 for about a year. I use it every day, and my wife uses about as often. We have not done anything really "heavy duty" with it. We have had no problems. Prior to purchasing it, we used a Waring Commercial blender, and the Vitamix runs circles around it with respect to power for mixing, chopping, pureeing and, especially, liquifying and with respect to the smoothness of the result (if you are aiming for smoothness). We bought a large and a smaller blending container, and we find both useful.

I did quite a bit of research before making the purchase. My daughter pushed for the Vitamix because she has used one for years and swears by it. A good friend who is really into smoothies highly recommended a Blendtech model (whose number or name I do not recall). I finally purchased the Vitamix because I got a better price for the comparable model.

Both the Vitamix and Blendtech are noisy. Blendtech sells models with a noise dampening enclosure that cost more. My wife makes me wear hearing protection when I'm running the Vitamix because she thinks my hearing is already compromised -- that is, she is convinced that I play music louder than she likes because my hearing has been compromised.

My opinion is that either the Vitamix or the Blendtech machines are a quantum improvement over standard blenders, but that differences between the performance of the Vitamix and Blendtech are likely to be immaterial.

Just MHO.

PS: Yes, @nooshinjohn, I use it for blending pomegranate powder into orange juice because pomegranate powder is reputed to be good for those with prostate cancer. Pomegranate powder is very sticky, and my ordinary blender left both clumps of it in the blend and blotches of it on the sides of the container.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    edited December 2018
    Google "will it blend?" and watch the videos on Youtube. It will entertain you for hours.

Don't breath this.............

But be warned. A Vitamix will seem lame in comparison,
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,903
    Thanks for the input guys.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    How good is it at whipping up a batch of frozen margaritas that's the real story here?
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,740
    We have one, the Pro 500 that we bought as a refurbished unit. Warranty is 5 years instead of 7.

My BIL has the Ninja...the big one, not sure which model it is...no comparison imo...plus the ninja is a pita to clean.

You can dump in peanuts only and it will make peanut butter. Also, it spins so fast it will make hot soup from just the friction of the blades.

We debated both the Blendtec and the Vitamix, hard to go wrong but we have zero complaints.

There are models with the larger jug which sits lower and will fit under the cabinets if that's a concern. The blades are larger on the wider jugs which also use a slightly stronger motor, I dont think you can use the small, wide jug on models with the taller jug...just a heads up.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Having had experience with both Vitamix and Ninja I will echo the sentiments of others here...there is no comparison (at least not one that's good) between the two. Vitamix is top notch, Ninja uses a lot of cheaper parts and have many issues. Just google issues with Ninja and see what comes up. If you're going to use one occsionally then the Ninja may be fine. If you want to buy one you can use daily with little to no problem then go with the Vitamix. Have no experience with Blendtec.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    T
    I've got an older 5000 series that in a word is a "workhorse"
    If you can get one, prolly a refurb, I wouldn't hesitate. No advanced electronic to go wrong (tho, when they're working right, they work well)

This thing is Geo Forman pounding the daylights outta anything you throw in it. No issues, except for the order in which you add ingredients. That is just a learning curve. No biggy
    Going strong for 'bout 10 years
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • rooftop59
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • rooftop59
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Had ours for over 8 years now. Had one replacement container because we messed up when putting back together one day (and Vitamix covered the whole cost)
    Great company.
  • rooftop59
    FYI several blendtec machines are on sale on amazon. The one that I own is $100 cheaper than I paid a few months ago!!!
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Vitamix has good refurbished deals

I just purchased a refurbished one for my wife for Christmas with full warranty at half price. It will be her first Vitamix but I have high hopes.