Good powered subwoofers to pair with original sda srs

2»

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    edited December 2018
    dpowell wrote: »
    Have you upgraded the crossovers in your SDAs yet? If not, start there for much improved bass performance. If that isn't sufficient then look at adding a sub. A single sub from SVS, Hsu, etc. will be far superior to dual Cerwin Vegas. Like @nooshinjohn mentioned, the goal is for the subs to politely blend with the SDAs but they should not be drawing your attention away from the music. With my SDAs fully modded and much credit to the Pass Labs pre, I rarely desire to have the subs on when listening to music.

Who is this pointed to?

I commented on my two CV's in a home theater and how they were nothing compared to the brands you also mentioned.

Yes My SDA2.3TL's are up to date on all XO and Inductor's ;)
    waiting to do binding post and all new wiring when funds come around.
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,050
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Have you upgraded the crossovers in your SDAs yet? If not, start there for much improved bass performance. If that isn't sufficient then look at adding a sub. A single sub from SVS, Hsu, etc. will be far superior to dual Cerwin Vegas. Like @nooshinjohn mentioned, the goal is for the subs to politely blend with the SDAs but they should not be drawing your attention away from the music. With my SDAs fully modded and much credit to the Pass Labs pre, I rarely desire to have the subs on when listening to music.

Who is this pointed to?

I commented on my two CV's in a home theater and how they were nothing compared to the brands you also mentioned.

Yes My SDA2.3TL's are up to date on all XO and Inductor's ;)
    waiting to do binding post and all new wiring when funds come around.

My question was for the OP. Wondering why he needs subs and if he's done the upgrades first before adding them.
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited December 2018

Now you need to dump that nasty Sunfire and get some Crimson 350's...

6lejvnfltyst.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,050

Now you need to dump that nasty Sunfire and get some Crimson 350's...

6lejvnfltyst.jpg

Hmmmm who @nooshinjohn recommended I buy a nasty sunfire!? :wink:
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    What can I say... I'm an enabler. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson