Good powered subwoofers to pair with original sda srs

2»

Comments

• VR3VR3 Posts: 23,482
    Cerwin Vega is a college dorm frat house sub... Different design purposes...

In that space, CV is hard to beat...

- Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • dpowelldpowell Posts: 2,818
    Have you upgraded the crossovers in your SDAs yet? If not, start there for much improved bass performance. If that isn't sufficient then look at adding a sub. A single sub from SVS, Hsu, etc. will be far superior to dual Cerwin Vegas. Like @nooshinjohn mentioned, the goal is for the subs to politely blend with the SDAs but they should not be drawing your attention away from the music. With my SDAs fully modded and much credit to the Pass Labs pre, I rarely desire to have the subs on when listening to music.
    edited December 2018
    dpowell wrote: »
    Have you upgraded the crossovers in your SDAs yet? If not, start there for much improved bass performance. If that isn't sufficient then look at adding a sub. A single sub from SVS, Hsu, etc. will be far superior to dual Cerwin Vegas. Like @nooshinjohn mentioned, the goal is for the subs to politely blend with the SDAs but they should not be drawing your attention away from the music. With my SDAs fully modded and much credit to the Pass Labs pre, I rarely desire to have the subs on when listening to music.

Who is this pointed to?

I commented on my two CV's in a home theater and how they were nothing compared to the brands you also mentioned.

Yes My SDA2.3TL's are up to date on all XO and Inductor's ;)
    waiting to do binding post and all new wiring when funds come around.
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Who is this pointed to?

I commented on my two CV's in a home theater and how they were nothing compared to the brands you also mentioned.

Yes My SDA2.3TL's are up to date on all XO and Inductor's ;)
    waiting to do binding post and all new wiring when funds come around.

My question was for the OP. Wondering why he needs subs and if he's done the upgrades first before adding them.
    edited December 2018

Now you need to dump that nasty Sunfire and get some Crimson 350's...

6lejvnfltyst.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”

Now you need to dump that nasty Sunfire and get some Crimson 350's...

6lejvnfltyst.jpg

Hmmmm who @nooshinjohn recommended I buy a nasty sunfire!? :wink:
    What can I say... I'm an enabler. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”