This might make you jealous.......

F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,711
9okxj4ttbsnd.jpg

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,929
    but... but... where are the Polks?
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,972
    Jesse... Didn't think you would ever get rid of the 2.3tls
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Eh, not me. We tried something like that at Carverfest with 3 sets of Amazings and while it sounded like a concert? It bit for realism....just much ado about nothing. Still, a really cool experience though....but not at that distance. We were 30 feet back not almost kissing the speakers.

Not jealous. Not Trey. Not Russ (Thank God).
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,740
    I wonder what would be an ideal center channel.... B)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Phil Spector's prison cell perhaps? He had a thing for a "wall of sound".
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    To be clear, NOT mine......geesh
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    I know that, there's no cat
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • nooshinjohn
    F1nut wrote: »
    To be clear, NOT mine......geesh

Come on man... Fess up. We are your Polk Forum brothers, and, just like the government, we are here to help.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908
    There's room for more..........................
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    It is symmetrical :s
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Need a projector. That little tv just isn’t cutting it.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    And....
    What the hell's wrong with you Jesse?
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Nope. Love my speakers. However, the TV needs to be at least 3x bigger. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    The brown boxes on the upper two rows appear to be Yamaha NS-1000's? but the three on the upper row, just to the left of the screen, appear to be larger than the other brown boxes? This set-up, if really operational, would probably have an extremely bright top end. I remember hearing the NS-1000's at a dealer when they first came out ~1975, they had a different appearance and bright in your face sound, could be a difficult placement, good imaging, kind of shy in bass. They were very pricey at $1,000.00 a pair.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    I can't fathom the ohm load on whatever they are hooked to.
  • VR3
    Bro saw a pic of the karma grande... Needless to say he didn't quite make it

9fojqvg5536f.jpeg
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I can top the OP picture set-up easily. :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • treitz3
    So can Russ if he travels the Continent to get his wares....

Shut up Russ.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I'm pretty sure a few of us can.

I've owned those JBL's and Klipsch's before and I liked them.

But those Yamaha's would be hard to duplicate! $$$$$ I don't think I've ever owned a pair of those...yet. :s
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited December 2018
    I dont need to top that. I have 1.2tL’s

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    The scary part is someone spent a lot of time and money on that pile and likely thinks it sounds great.
  • mhardy6647
    I like Yamaha electronics of that vintage.
    Yamaha loudspeakers? Not so much.
  • treitz3
    Eh, they actually made a small book shelf speaker that rocked! (Wish I had a pair) Other than that one speaker? I agree.

Tom
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I like Yamaha electronics of that vintage.
    Yamaha loudspeakers? Not so much.

Agreed; I didn't care for either the NS500 or the 1000 when I had the chance to compare them head to head. But I did like the sound of this 86lb monster that I had the chance to hear over the weekend. For the very first time ever I heard vinyl playback that met and possibly exceeded cd quality on this "gigantic and tremendous" tt.

3740a9p56c8c.png
  • mhardy6647
    edited December 2018
    FWIW, I'd count a turntable as electronics :)

I just don't much care for most of the Yamaha loudspeakers I've heard. The one exception was a cheap little US made* "price leader" two way with a dome tweeter from the late 1970s; model number was either NS-4 or NS-5. They were ca. $90 a pop -- and quite respectable.

The NS-1000s look great; toxic dome drivers and all ;) but they don't sound that great to me.

I actually had a single NS-15 (if memory serves) with one of the whacky Yamaha ear-shaped drivers (some were shaped like grand pianos, too) which was very sensitive and actually sounded decent with fleapower tubes. One wasn't much help, though -- just not the kind of reproducer I'd build a mono system around :p

32575671260_8043de3163_b.jpgNS15frontal by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    32123264943_07f871d760_b.jpgP1030011 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    32123264933_3edfd02583_b.jpgP1030013 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Open baffle design, horn tweeter, cast basket on the (laminated) woofer and a cast "soundboard". Just a weird beast from a different era :)
    _________
    * Due to the 'energy crisis', and the generally terrible economy of that era, it was very common for Japanese consumer electronics giants' loudspeakers to be made (assembled) in the US. The cost of shipping heavy but essentially empty boxes from Asia to the US in the days of scarce, expensive oil was prohibitive.
  • And this

5i31pa20g20s.png
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Jealous? Of what, exactly?

:p
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    This doesn't make me jealous at all. I does make me wonder.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music