LSiM703 - wall mount options any ideas?

I would like to mount these speakers on the wall slightly above ears at a slight downward angle. Has anyone mounted these and can you point me to a wall mount that might work. All the mounts I have seen can not accommodate the depth of these speakers at 15" from wall.

I do not have room for speaker stands so not an option.

Comments

• Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    edited August 2017
    Welcome! Check out this thread (without a very good descriptive name) that goes into detail on this subject. http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2284067
  • Thank you. I looked at those B-Tech BT77 as well as several others all of them say a max depth of 11 -13" the 703 are almost 15" deep. Do they hang over the front a lot 3-4 inches. I would think they would be top/front heavy and fall out. They must work I guess, I'm a little sketchy on it.
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    Well, as you might notice in the thread, I'm using the OmniMount. Others that use the B-Techs might chime in.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    I used the BT77 with fairly large speakers, but not the 703's. I used good quality Velcro between the mount and the speaker to ease my mind. The BT77 are a great wall mount and I used them with several different speakers. That being said, if Kurt is currently using the 703 with the OmniMount, I might tend to lean towards the OmniMount.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • m0j0
    m0j0 Posts: 2
    edited December 2018
    o10ike9o7bni.jpeg
    7zenif8zomc7.jpeg
    9xj0r09uqxu0.jpeg
    I can confirm the BT77’s work great with wall mounting the LSiM 703’s. However, in my case, I have them turned sideways pointed in toward me, as they are acting as my rear speakers and placed about ear level and slightly behind my listening position. This positioning allows me to keep them exactly level and push them back on the stands to compensate for the heavier front area. With this setup, no blue tac is required. If you need to tilt them a bit, use blue tac and you will be good. Also, on one side I was able to use studs, but the other side was drywall only, so I used some wingit master anchors and they hold as good as or better than going in to studs.
  • m0j0 wrote: »
    o10ike9o7bni.jpeg
    7zenif8zomc7.jpeg
    9xj0r09uqxu0.jpeg
    I can confirm the BT77’s work great with wall mounting the LSiM 703’s. However, in my case, I have them turned sideways pointed in toward me, as they are acting as my rear speakers and placed about ear level and slightly behind my listening position. This positioning allows me to keep them exactly level and push them back on the stands to compensate for the heavier front area. With this setup, no blue tac is required. If you need to tilt them a bit, use blue tac and you will be good. Also, on one side I was able to use studs, but the other side was drywall only, so I used some wingit master anchors and they hold as good as or better than going in to studs.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Your pics give me some ideas that may come in handy in a few months when we move.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • m0j0
    m0j0 Posts: 2
    mark090852 wrote: »
    m0j0 wrote: »
    o10ike9o7bni.jpeg
    7zenif8zomc7.jpeg
    9xj0r09uqxu0.jpeg

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Your pics give me some ideas that may come in handy in a few months when we move.

Thanks. Glad to contribute!