Well Crap!

Options
Totally out of the blue, I saw the Adorama deal and had a buyer for my current lsi setup in the same day. So I went for it but now I'm seeing the 703's are not wall mountable. While on the phone with Polk, they told me they were. What sort of solution should I look at to get them on the walls? Any sort of conversion hanging system or shelf that works well with these? Thanks for any input and if you have pics, that would be great too.
Theater: Epson 8500ub, Elite 120" screen, Lsic, Lsi25, Lsifx, SVS Pc12plus, SVS Pc12plus, Emotiva Xpa-5, Denon Avr3311ci, Sony Bdps1000es
Living Room: Panasonic TCP58VT25, PS3, Energy FPS, Onkyo Tx sr707, Sony Ps3, DswmicroPro 2000
Bed Room: Panasonic TCP50x1, Samsung Bd c7500
Weight Room: Panasonic TCP46G10, Polk Pswi225, PS3

Comments

• xcelledperceptionx
    Options
    You get the 707/706c/703 bundle? You could just spend the extra $500 if you can and get the 7 speaker bundle with the 702fx which are wall mountable. Either keep the whole bundle if you have space/$ or flip the 703s, I'm sure you could at least recoup your $500 or more. The 703 are pretty big and you'd probably have to build your own custom shelf. They are about 30 lbs too.
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    Those speakers should really be set on stands.

About the only thing I can think of for wall mounting is this:

https://www.amazon.com/Peerless-Adjustable-Component-Shelf-AV/dp/B00155PSXS/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1484198163&sr=8-27&keywords=peerless+mount

• eclimax13
    eclimax13 Posts: 168
    Options
    I bought the full package with the fx. Don't really have room for stands with my setup.
    Theater: Epson 8500ub, Elite 120" screen, Lsic, Lsi25, Lsifx, SVS Pc12plus, SVS Pc12plus, Emotiva Xpa-5, Denon Avr3311ci, Sony Bdps1000es
    Living Room: Panasonic TCP58VT25, PS3, Energy FPS, Onkyo Tx sr707, Sony Ps3, DswmicroPro 2000
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    Options
    I use the B-Tech BT77 for my bookshelf speakers.
    https://www.amazon.com/B-Tech-BT77-Ultragrip-Speaker-Black/dp/B004DCAOHK

From the start they have supported RTi4, LSi7, and RTiA3.

Adjustable clamps will accommodate the 703, and rated to hold up to 25Kg

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • Erik Tracy
    Options
    kilogram, cuz the BTech comes from the UK.

Simple conversion 25kg = 55 lbs. Will easily hold the 703 when the mount is properly installed on the wall via a stud or anchor

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,456
    Options
    Erik Tracy wrote: »

Nice speaker mounts.

Other option would be to make a shelf.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    edited January 2017
    Options
    9iri6tij7gi1.jpg

703's are certainly wall-mountable. This is using the "OmniMount ECSB Component Shelf Wall Shelf for TVs and Video Accessories"x2, available from Amazon.

These have been solid, despite being within 100 miles (160 km) of two 5+ earthquakes.

Also placed the speakers on "Auralex Acoustics MoPAD Monitor Acoustic Isolation Pads", on the mounts.
  • Erik Tracy
    Options
    mrloren wrote: »

Nice speaker mounts.

Other option would be to make a shelf.

The nice thing about the b-tech mounts is that they can swivel and be tilted for more flexibility in speaker position and angle to the listening spot.

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,456
    Options
    Kurt300 wrote: »
    9iri6tij7gi1.jpg

703's are certainly wall-mountable. This is using the "OmniMount ECSB Component Shelf Wall Shelf for TVs and Video Accessories", available from Amazon.

Nice setup, run them wire in the wall.

just because there is no mount on the speakers doesn't mead you can't wall mount them.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,987
    Options

This was going to be my suggestion as well. I have considered using them in the past.

BUT I would NOT suggest using anchors with the 703s. I would definitely find a stud. If the studs are not in the ideal location, you could get a 2x4, cut it down, paint it to match the wall, attach the 2x4 to the studs, and then the mount to the 2x4. not quite as clean looking, and might not pass the WAF, but in my house speakers mounted on the wall don't pass the WAF, so I can't help you there...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »

This was going to be my suggestion as well. I have considered using them in the past.

BUT I would NOT suggest using anchors with the 703s. I would definitely find a stud. If the studs are not in the ideal location, you could get a 2x4, cut it down, paint it to match the wall, attach the 2x4 to the studs, and then the mount to the 2x4. not quite as clean looking, and might not pass the WAF, but in my house speakers mounted on the wall don't pass the WAF, so I can't help you there...

Caveats/Notes -

- The reviews on Amazon suggest that the B-Techs need to be periodically tightened, and that you should also drill holes in your speakers.

- The OmniMounts swivel side-to-side if needed, and Auralex Acoustics MoPADs provided the tilt I needed.

Both are certainly options.

• Erik Tracy
    Options
    Kurt300 wrote: »

Caveats/Notes -

- The reviews on Amazon suggest that the B-Techs need to be periodically tightened, and that you should also drill holes in your speakers.

- The OmniMounts swivel side-to-side if needed, and Auralex Acoustics MoPADs provided the tilt I needed.

Both are certainly options.

There are other methods for securing the speakers to the mounts.

Instead of drilling holes in my speakers, I used friction tape on the side clamps, and a band of zip ties around the speaker to secure them to the mount.

I've checked the tightness of the screws periodically, but have never noticed any loosening.

This has proven to be a thumbs up mount in shaky SoCal.

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    I can give a hearty two thumbs up for the B-Techs, I use them for my rear surrounds. They have been used with bookies that are at least 25lbs. Now, I do not have them tilted much, but I've never had to re-tighten them or drill holes for screws. My wife even nailed her head on one once. Her head lost & the speaker didn't budge.
  • eclimax13
    eclimax13 Posts: 168
    Options
    Thank you for all the input. All of you have been a great help and have eased my mind. I think those b techs are the way to go and Amazon also suggested blue tack to go with them.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    The BluTack is a good idea & would work well.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options

Simple conversion 25kg = 55 lbs. Will easily hold the 703 when the mount is properly installed on the wall via a stud or anchor

I think he might have just been joking since we (USA) don't use the metric system. He's a teacher, surely he knows what a kilogram is.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Erik Tracy
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »

I think he might have just been joking since we (USA) don't use the metric system. He's a teacher, surely he knows what a kilogram is.

Former engineer here - we take everything literally...force of habit to avoid assumptions. ;)

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options

I use them, too, for RTi4s.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    Use your own best judgment, but I've been using Hillman Strap-Toggle anchors for hollow walls. When properly installed, these are sufficient for anything you'd mount to a wall. I get them from Home Depot, and fwiw, the online reviewers there are idiots.