AVR upgrade advice!

124»

Comments

• You betcha, Clip. Thanks!
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Fantastic, now get a good pair of subs and post a review.
  • Nice!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • SYSTEM UPDATE! So, guys, after ALOT of research, and considering all of the advice you guys gave (which I truly appreciate), I decided on the DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY Pro Sub 800 as my sub choice. Was able to hear it personally, and was extremely impressed. Small size, quality of build, room size and price point made the decision easy. Now, I have questions as to the best way to hook this sub up to my system. Of course, using a high quality sub cable plugged into the LFE jack, in my understanding, is best for movie listening. But there is this option for 'high level' speaker wire connections, which would involve running separate left/right wires from avr to sub, and then left/right wires to SUB from each tower speaker. Considering I want the best low end for movies AND music, what is the BEST way to go about this?
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    The speaker level input is for if your AVR does not have an LFE or SUB out. Set you AVR to LFE+Main in the sub settings. Set your speakers to small and cross over to 80hz. Let the sub play the low end as it was made for it.

Not a bad sub, at least its better than no sub. You should have given SVS or HSU a shot but for the price it's not bad.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    polkerfan wrote: »
    SYSTEM UPDATE! So, guys, after ALOT of research, and considering all of the advice you guys gave (which I truly appreciate), I decided on the DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY Pro Sub 800 as my sub choice. Was able to hear it personally, and was extremely impressed. Small size, quality of build, room size and price point made the decision easy. Now, I have questions as to the best way to hook this sub up to my system. Of course, using a high quality sub cable plugged into the LFE jack, in my understanding, is best for movie listening. But there is this option for 'high level' speaker wire connections, which would involve running separate left/right wires from avr to sub, and then left/right wires to SUB from each tower speaker. Considering I want the best low end for movies AND music, what is the BEST way to go about this?

Use the LFE jack.