Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• That cat is a good example of a non-Newtonian fluid.

..... I think. Unless that cat is dead in which case it isn't.
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    I think your first assessment is correct; I am cautiously optimistic that your second one is not. :open_mouth:

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    A few hundred geese decided to take some respite in my back yard today. Gotta check the boots afterwards! :smile:
    gs3ks3rcj8et.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    telecommuting-cats.jpg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • mhardy6647
    verb wrote: »
    A few hundred geese decided to take some respite in my back yard today. Gotta check the boots afterwards! :smile:
    gs3ks3rcj8et.png

We've got turkeys wanderin' out back daily now -- they, too, give us yet another good reason to have inside and outside footwear. :p

Plus, the suckas are eatin' my backyard (where it's pokin' out through the snow).
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,065
    This made me LOL - Description is "not perfect but still a great sound" What kind of sound?

00L0L_2Kce1l8Hmug_600x450.jpg

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/d/vintage-infinity-speakers/6768148448.html
  • mhardy6647
    we have one of those cat cutout things :p
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    OleBoot wrote: »
    This made me LOL - Description is "not perfect but still a great sound" What kind of sound?

00L0L_2Kce1l8Hmug_600x450.jpg

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/d/vintage-infinity-speakers/6768148448.html

I've seen ads quite often for years like that.

They always make me smile and think how far away the seller is to knowing what really sounds good. Or their BSing to make a sale at all costs. Buyer beware type ad. :#

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    At least he's not asking a mint for them... Another $15 and couple hours and they may sound respectable again.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    5dkb5uta9krg.jpg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    vkjgjffcfarc.png

CAMELFLAGE
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • OMG ! HEY WILLOW !!

Your InBread Dogs have made the Big Time !!!
    ( 2:38)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS3VakLAFxs

:)
    Sal Palooza
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Just out Sunday driving. Just out of Millinocket Me heading to Baxter State Park - Mt Katahdin in background
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    BSP
    Randy/Maine
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    That’s a great pic btw Tony
  • mhardy6647
    boston1450 wrote: »
    Just out Sunday driving. Just out of Millinocket Me heading to Baxter State Park - Mt Katahdin in background

That just looks cold. :)

Heh -- we were in Portland Thursday. Chasing a (very) rare bird species -- which we didn't find, unfortunately. :|

e8i8qihtcdbh.jpg
  • Tony M
    edited December 2018
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    boston1450 wrote: »

That just looks cold. :)

Heh -- we were in Portland Thursday. Chasing a (very) rare bird species -- which we didn't find, unfortunately. :|

e8i8qihtcdbh.jpg

Have you seen the movie "Rare Birds"? I love it! :)

dyiwbzmu42ti.png
  • mhardy6647
    No, but we've seen The Big Year. :)

92jj8vvyfxis.png

Mrs. H actually knows, and has birded with, some of of the (real) people 'depicted' in the book/film :)

She's actually doing what she calls a mini big year this year -- she's at something like 630 species (North American) since 1 January -- she's about 30 shy of her goal, though... which is why we schlepped to Portland (and also Plymouth NH on the way home) a few days back :p

She's been all over North America this year lookin' for stuff.

As an aside, apparently as of this year Hawaii counts as "North America" for bird sightings -- I did encourage her to go there (since she'd probably be able to pick up something like 120 species not found on the North American Continent), but she demurred. She wants to do it old school. :|

Heck, I might've even gone to Hawaii with her... ;)

• Tony M
    edited December 2018
    I didn't even know this movie existed. Thanks, it looks like a funny movie for us to watch!!

Many years ago...I got my wife and stepdaughter to look up and around for birds and hawks and owls too to listen to their calls or songs.

We've marked what we've seen in out N.A. bird book too.

I got started when I saw a Hawk fly into our back yard tree and fall to the ground with a mocking bird in it's claws. The hawk waited for it to die I think and then flew up and off to eat it somewhere in a tree.

A few years back, my wife and I were at a plant nursery looking for yard plants and flowers and I spotted an Osprey in the back of the nursery about 20' up taking apart something and eating it. We walked pretty darn close to it to see it was a big fish, or what was left of it. We then walked away and watched for 5 more minutes or more and then it flew off. They are BIG birds!

We saw a hawk nail a squirrel against a fence coming home one day. The hawk also sat there for a few minutes and then flew off with it. That was a big Red Tail too.

I just stopped in the road and watched since there wasn't anybody behind me at that time. My wife wanted me get moving! I said NO! I'm enjoying this nature show live in front of me about 30' to the right. I've seen hawks pick up snakes out of highway ditches.

I've seen King Fishers dive into highway ditches too.

We have a bunch of bird houses here on our 1/3 acre and have seen tons of bird families raised here.

Birding is a blast!
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    It is a pretty funny movie
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • mhardy6647
    It is pretty good -- and birders are every bit that obsessed and nutty. :)
    (sort of like hifi buffs...)

Mrs. H's never made it to Attu in the Aleutians (there's really no way to get there any more, apparently), but she did go to the Pribilof Islands this summer. They're about as close to nowhere as you can get and still be on earth :)

aiv51ccb7tvl.png

• mhardy6647
    audioluvr wrote: »
    We were in Portland Thursday. Chasing a (very) rare bird

Like this one?
    572rra65yaon.gif

Not nearly that cool -- well, unless one's a birder.
    It's a Great Black Hawk (a neotropical bird with no business being in Maine in the wintertime) :p
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    It's a Great Black Hawk

A great Black Hawk? So....Stan Mikita?

12h2k47ao3fr.jpg