Reds eats

tonyb
tonyb Posts: 32,902
Anyone know if this joint ships out of state ? Supposed to be the best Lobster roll in Maine. Would make a great Christmas present if they did.
HT SYSTEM-
Sony 850c 4k
Pioneer elite vhx 21
Sony 4k BRP
SVS SB-2000
Polk Sig. 20's
Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
Grant Fidelity tube dac
B&k 1420
lsi 9's

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Ya dropping hints on what we should get u for Christmas there tony???
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    hit up Randy @boston1450 he told me one time to hit him up for good eats from out that way.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,064
    Red's current price for a lobster roll is $26.50. Price for Maine lobster is at an all time high, apparently due to a catch shortage and high demand from other countries, particularly China. I remembered I read about this a while ago and just went back and checked. I'd pay that, but probably only have one!
  • tonyb
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Ya dropping hints on what we should get u for Christmas there tony???

Nahh, I like giving out good eats to family members at Christmas time. Usually I get stuff from Marilyn blue crab cakes, but the shipping is a killer this year. Hard to buy for siblings who really don't need another sweater or funny pair of socks, know what I'm sayin' ?

I've noticed my usual stops to Christmas shop for eats has significantly raised shipping rates on perishables.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Well, in I’m my extended fam Christmas is for kids. At least presents that is. Takes care of that problem you know what I’m saying?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    One thing I do miss about the east coast is the seafood, Fish tacos do get old.

When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Don't forget your brother Tom...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    OleBoot wrote: »
    Red's current price for a lobster roll is $26.50. Price for Maine lobster is at an all time high, apparently due to a catch shortage and high demand from other countries, particularly China. I remembered I read about this a while ago and just went back and checked. I'd pay that, but probably only have one!

I can't say what i want to say about China. They just ra pe the oceans all over. Leave our stuff alone. On the other hand can't blame the fishermen for going after the dollars.

Just think many many yrs ago they fed lobster to inmates as it was considered junk bycatch.....

Almost wish i was an inmate for 6 or 8 days :D:D
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    I was just in Wiscasset the other day with oldest daughter. Drove right by Reds n didnt even look. If u need any help PM me. Ive seen 50 to 100 people lined up at that joint. Im from Orrs Island - Brunswick area.
    Randy/Maine
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    edited December 2018
    I doubt a premade lobster roll will taste good after it is frozen and shipped.

Its easy to make one at home. The filling is easy. Cook a lobster, take out the meat, cut it up, and add a spoonful of mayo and a squirt of lemon (I add a drop of the green stuff or any coral roe too). That's all it is for a Maine roll.

The trick is to find the correct top cut hotdog buns. If you can find them from Maine get them. Make sure you brown them in a pan with a lot of butter.

I was on vacation in Acadia 2 years ago and you could get lobsters on the dock for $7 each. We would use a whole one for each lobster roll and cooked them in our motel kitchenette. Better than any we got in any restaurant.
  • pitdogg2
    boston1450 wrote: »
    I was just in Wiscasset the other day with oldest daughter. Drove right by Reds n didnt even look. If u need any help PM me. Ive seen 50 to 100 people lined up at that joint. Im from Orrs Island - Brunswick area.

Hey stranger :):)
  • tonyb

Yeah, that place.....for such a small place has lines out the door consistently. Must be good if the locals line up like that. I thought maybe they'd have some sort of shipping menu for the Holidays, guess not.

Best clam chowder I ever had, to date, was at a small shack on Bodega bay in Cali. I've seen bathrooms bigger than this joint. Something like 5 items on the menu only, with an oddball at the end....a hot dog. I asked what that was all about. Lady said the fishermen get tired of...seafood.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    tonyb wrote: »

Yeah, that place.....for such a small place has lines out the door consistently. Must be good if the locals line up like that. I thought maybe they'd have some sort of shipping menu for the Holidays, guess not.

Best clam chowder I ever had, to date, was at a small shack on Bodega bay in Cali. I've seen bathrooms bigger than this joint. Something like 5 items on the menu only, with an oddball at the end....a hot dog. I asked what that was all about. Lady said the fishermen get tired of...seafood.

Watch out for the birds.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • tonyb
    Ha, I did take a drive and see those sights. Creepy, that the same church used in the movie still has a grave right out the back door.

I usually take that route back from Napa to San fran. Longer yes, but the drive down the coastal highway is worth it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • boston1450
    i remember the 1st time to Reds. Red was a great guy & loved people. I think his daughter is running it now. Still great food. I remember when metal bridge & 2 old wooden mast boats were rotten away there. It was a sad day when they removed them. Lots of history in Wiscasset. Just down the street is Sara's cafe. The chowda is wicked good... Did you happen to make it to BoothBay Harbor or Rockland-Camden area ?
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Hey. Im still alive. 3.5 hours north of the coast living 100% off grid. Having a blast living a life long dream. The biggest downfall is all my gear is in storage & NO SERVICE on anything at camp
    Randy/Maine
  • Not sure if this place was mentioned or not. While being too expensive for me it might work for some of you.

https://www.goldbelly.com/

They basically facilitate shipping of a ton of popular top notch food joints. Is it worth the cost? That is for you to decide but from what I have seen the prices on this site are same as direct from the restaurant's store...at least those that sell directly to consumer via shipping.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Hey. Im still alive. 3.5 hours north of the coast living 100% off grid. Having a blast living a life long dream. The biggest downfall is all my gear is in storage & NO SERVICE on anything at camp

Sounds great man!!! hows the dog coming?
  • boston1450
    Was gonna PM you but this new site is a mess. She hehomed it close so my oldest Gdaughter can visit it often which is awesome. Thanks for asking. Wonderful doq
    Randy/Maine
  • pitdogg2
    Was gonna PM you but this new site is a mess. She hehomed it close so my oldest Gdaughter can visit it often which is awesome. Thanks for asking. Wonderful doq

yea Randy it has had bad gremlins the last month. I hear they are working on it but no progress yet.

Good to hear man glad to hear you're doing well and life is great o:)o:)
    reach out anytime brother
  • tonyb
    Not sure if this place was mentioned or not. While being too expensive for me it might work for some of you.

https://www.goldbelly.com/

They basically facilitate shipping of a ton of popular top notch food joints. Is it worth the cost? That is for you to decide but from what I have seen the prices on this site are same as direct from the restaurant's store...at least those that sell directly to consumer via shipping.

Thanks for the link bro. Ordered some stuff today, free shipping too.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    I hate that part of route 1. Anyone remember the cool old ship wrecks that used to be there?

Got a lobster roll in Camden this summer and it was $17. Ocean bugs aren’t worth it :D
  • boston1450
    edited December 2018
    Airplay355 wrote: »
    I hate that part of route 1. Anyone remember the cool old ship wrecks that used to be there?

Got a lobster roll in Camden this summer and it was $17. Ocean bugs aren’t worth it :D
    Ive been running that road 54+ years. Got to know all the back roads as i did it daily for years. My sadly missed grandfather lived in Rockland. We use to camp out right next to CrossRoads Mkt on Rt1 bypass. Listened to Boston & LZepp on the transistor radio & raised heck. Camden my Gfther would take us to Meguntecook for bbqs. Or Chickywalkie lake were some cop took our pot. Probably smoked it too.The 70's was so much fun :)
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    Days in Yarmouth-Freeport does ship lobsters. They may be worth checking on. No Idea on prices. There are others im shore :) good luck on the lobsta
    Randy/Maine
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited December 2018
    Sorry guys but what is a lobster roll? They have live lobster at the Local store we splurge on new years, and Red Lobster is right down the road, but I assume that's not the Reds Randy is talking about. I do listen to Nantucket once in a while :D
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • pitdogg2
    edited December 2018
    Dude those Red Lobster lobsters are starved a long time before you get them. I've had larger crawdads. Lobster roll is kinda a blend of say a crabcake and a submarine sammich....
    Very good stuff. But i honestly can eat myself sick with whole lobster.