It Never Ends...

The next project on the list. Anyone see an issue with what I am thinking here in the 2nd pic??1tamp38suda3.jpeg
2gwxunf0sdxo.jpeg

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    NOPE.

Go for it. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    yeah Im sooo glad I took the first pic....-I realized the right top corner needs a bit of shimming to square up the shower door frame.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,967
    Yeah that right wall has a nice bow
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    I just recently re-grouted a stall about that size. Almost took a sledgehammer to it and started over...lol.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Assuming that's a 4-foot level, I have to say that I am quite pleased with the height of the showerhead pipe, being 6'2" myself. :p
  • Tony M
    When I replumbed my house almost 30 years ago, I also made sure the shower head AFTER the shower head was attached was above 6'2" so in case my older brother visited, he would just fit under it. :D

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Uuugh.....
    Hotel shower heads.....
    They seem to think that everybody is under 5'8"....
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    I'm in the middle of a bathroom remodel myself. I came across these diy videos, which you may find helpful. I watched them once, but I think I'll have to watch them again, because I don't think I was paying close enough attention to what was said.
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    Nope. No issues. Looks grand.
    I'd put an occasional clear-ish bit of sea glass in the pattern, but that's my taste.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Where was she when my master bath was remodeled?
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • mdaudioguy
    Milito wrote: »
    Where was she when my master bath was remodeled?

Am I right? So... informative! I'm prepping for tiles, so I found the How To Tile and Grout videos to be very inspirational!
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    I'm in the middle of a bathroom remodel myself. I came across these diy videos, which you may find helpful. I watched them once, but I think I'll have to watch them again, because I don't think I was paying close enough attention to what was said.

I'm in love...
  • Tony M
    Check out her other video's. She can do it all. And by herself too. Amazing girl!

She seems to enjoy the jobs too. Very rare girl. I worked with a girl similar to her for a couple of years. I enjoyed those 2 years very much. :);)
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    She is quite the specimen... ;)
    You would NOT get a lot done with one of those in the house.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • kevhed72
    Almost done....I do have one question for anyone who may have installed one of these Delta frameless pivot shower doors....anyone?
    jhlgljqdgnlo.jpeg
    wnyzr2ykpn9i.jpeg
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Um.....*crunches carrot, while leaning up against the wall*

Yeah, Doc...

Does that framed shower door identify as a frame less?

Install it the same way a framed one goes in.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • kevhed72
    Completely lost me there...but thats not difficult
  • Tony M
    Did the door come with instructions?

I've done a few bathroom renovations in my life and also remodeled about 7 apartment bathrooms.

It would seem to me that the rubber seal would be either on the inside or outside. I'd have to see the what the bottom rim and door overhang looks like to advise. ;)
  • mdaudioguy
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Almost done....I do have one question for anyone who may have installed one of these Delta frameless pivot shower doors....anyone?
    What's the question? I just purchased a frameless Kohler door.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176

Looking good! If your question was, "how's it look?" :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    I installed the exact same door about 4 months ago. The rubber strip attached to the bottom of the plastic sweep tore off after about 2 months. All water is still contained within the shower, so I am not overly concerned. Other than that, I am happy with the door.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    our 'frameless glass' shower stall doors have some sort of clear-ish plastic (not silicone) "sweeps" -- so far, they've held up well for nigh on five years (FWIW).

• kevhed72
    My original concern was the fact the side of the door edge is not in constant contact with the jam on the knob side when the door is closed-there is actually a bit of play between the jam and the roller which keeps it closed. According the fine folks at the Delta question hotline...that is normal. Kudos to Delta on having a knowledgeable person based in the US to answer questions!
  • kevhed72
    Which leads me to my next question....the plumber installed this plastic piece where the head goes when he put in the new valve for me. Does this thingy just un screw?
    ebjzozcbaswd.jpeg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Which leads me to my next question....the plumber installed this plastic piece where the head goes when he put in the new valve for me. Does this thingy just un screw?
    ebjzozcbaswd.jpeg

Seems like a better question to ask your plumber (as opposed to, say, me) :)

• Tony M
    It looks like a normal disposable fake pipe so sheet rockers (drywallers) and tile layers know where NOT to cover up. I hung drywall for a few years in my younger days. ;)

Yes, it should unscrew easily. :)
  • kevhed72
    Thanks Tony M...thats what I thought but didnt want to come this far and jack up a pipe or something!