It Never Ends...

kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 3,346
The next project on the list. Anyone see an issue with what I am thinking here in the 2nd pic??1tamp38suda3.jpeg
2gwxunf0sdxo.jpeg

Comments

• Tony MTony M Posts: 6,490
    NOPE.

Go for it. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 3,346
    yeah Im sooo glad I took the first pic....-I realized the right top corner needs a bit of shimming to square up the shower door frame.
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 22,372
    Yeah that right wall has a nice bow
    - Not Tom

Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • gmcmangmcman Posts: 1,267
    I just recently re-grouted a stall about that size. Almost took a sledgehammer to it and started over...lol.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,604
    Assuming that's a 4-foot level, I have to say that I am quite pleased with the height of the showerhead pipe, being 6'2" myself. :p
    When I replumbed my house almost 30 years ago, I also made sure the shower head AFTER the shower head was attached was above 6'2" so in case my older brother visited, he would just fit under it. :D

• lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,932
    Uuugh.....
    Hotel shower heads.....
    They seem to think that everybody is under 5'8"....
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,777
    I'm in the middle of a bathroom remodel myself. I came across these diy videos, which you may find helpful. I watched them once, but I think I'll have to watch them again, because I don't think I was paying close enough attention to what was said.
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
  • tonyp063tonyp063 Posts: 484
    Nope. No issues. Looks grand.
    I'd put an occasional clear-ish bit of sea glass in the pattern, but that's my taste.
  • MilitoMilito Posts: 215
    Where was she when my master bath was remodeled?
    Yamaha RX-A2070, VTF-2 MK5, S30, Sony BPD-S3200, Technics PD867, Audio-Technica AT-LP60, AudioQuest Type 4 Speaker Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Amp, Sony 65" 900F.
    Milito wrote: »
    Where was she when my master bath was remodeled?

Am I right? So... informative! I'm prepping for tiles, so I found the How To Tile and Grout videos to be very inspirational!
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,973
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    I'm in the middle of a bathroom remodel myself. I came across these diy videos, which you may find helpful. I watched them once, but I think I'll have to watch them again, because I don't think I was paying close enough attention to what was said.

I'm in love...
    Check out her other video's. She can do it all. And by herself too. Amazing girl!

She seems to enjoy the jobs too. Very rare girl. I worked with a girl similar to her for a couple of years. I enjoyed those 2 years very much. :) ;)
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,847
    She is quite the specimen... ;)
    You would NOT get a lot done with one of those in the house.
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
    Almost done....I do have one question for anyone who may have installed one of these Delta frameless pivot shower doors....anyone?
    jhlgljqdgnlo.jpeg
    wnyzr2ykpn9i.jpeg
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 12,524
    Um.....*crunches carrot, while leaning up against the wall*

Yeah, Doc...

Does that framed shower door identify as a frame less?

Install it the same way a framed one goes in.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
    Completely lost me there...but thats not difficult
    Did the door come with instructions?

I've done a few bathroom renovations in my life and also remodeled about 7 apartment bathrooms.

It would seem to me that the rubber seal would be either on the inside or outside. I'd have to see the what the bottom rim and door overhang looks like to advise. ;)
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Almost done....I do have one question for anyone who may have installed one of these Delta frameless pivot shower doors....anyone?
    What's the question? I just purchased a frameless Kohler door.
  • verbverb Posts: 3,990

Looking good! If your question was, "how's it look?" :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Project BoxE, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,604
    B)

• daddyjtdaddyjt Posts: 622
    I installed the exact same door about 4 months ago. The rubber strip attached to the bottom of the plastic sweep tore off after about 2 months. All water is still contained within the shower, so I am not overly concerned. Other than that, I am happy with the door.
    Too much stuff to keep track of.

Currently enjoying: Legacy Focus 20/20, McCormack DNA 225, Bill D C1, Oppo 105
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 19,542
    our 'frameless glass' shower stall doors have some sort of clear-ish plastic (not silicone) "sweeps" -- so far, they've held up well for nigh on five years (FWIW).

My original concern was the fact the side of the door edge is not in constant contact with the jam on the knob side when the door is closed-there is actually a bit of play between the jam and the roller which keeps it closed. According the fine folks at the Delta question hotline...that is normal. Kudos to Delta on having a knowledgeable person based in the US to answer questions!
    Which leads me to my next question....the plumber installed this plastic piece where the head goes when he put in the new valve for me. Does this thingy just un screw?
    ebjzozcbaswd.jpeg
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,122
    Looks like a nice waterfall pipe showerhead to me.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 19,542
    Which leads me to my next question....the plumber installed this plastic piece where the head goes when he put in the new valve for me. Does this thingy just un screw?
    ebjzozcbaswd.jpeg

Seems like a better question to ask your plumber (as opposed to, say, me) :)

It looks like a normal disposable fake pipe so sheet rockers (drywallers) and tile layers know where NOT to cover up. I hung drywall for a few years in my younger days. ;)

Yes, it should unscrew easily. :)
    Thanks Tony M...thats what I thought but didnt want to come this far and jack up a pipe or something!