Insulating garage door

13»

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,969
    Maybe you guys can do a club Polk buy... Every dog owner should have it...

Waterproof, dogs feel secure in their cave in storms, warn in winter, cool in summer, comfortable safe place for the four legged minions!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Here is my spring...

aokmfgi7lg0c.jpeg
    bopx47epqfg5.jpeg
    9oe3icyitezz.jpeg
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    Newer torsion type...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    Not the newer drill adjustable torsion spring.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited November 2018
    If that's a double door, you "should" have 2 torsion springs, ideally. A lot of builders cheap-out by using only 1. After insulating, you'll probably need a 2nd spring for the right side.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    steveinaz wrote: »
    If that's a double door, you "should" have 2 torsion springs, ideally. A lot of builders cheap-out by using only 1. After insulating, you'll probably need a 2nd spring for the right side.

Its a 2 car garage with a single door. So I'm guessing your right.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862

I'll have to check mine out tonight. Oddly enough I went out for a drink with a friend Tuesday and he told me he got home one day and his door would only open about 3 ft. Turns out 600$ later new cables, new spring and rollers. Plus he found out the opener was not installed properly in the first place.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    It's not difficult to add a second torsion spring to a double-sized door.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • pitdogg2
    It's not difficult to add a second torsion spring to a double-sized door.

Have you met Dan? :#:#
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited December 2018
    I replaced my springs myself. Its no big deal; just pay attention.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • pitdogg2
    Maureene reported