Vanilla, FIX THE FORUM

Options

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »
    I wonder: how many other clean words are senselessly censored by this pathetic program? I'm all about being family friendly, but come on!

They are trying to be family friendly, but families don’t browse audio sites, and probably don’t make serious stereo gear purchases. Then again, I’m not sure if Polk sells serious stereo gear anymore. :)

"Alexa... Does Polk Audio build anything that would be considered 'serious stereo gear'?"

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,798
    Options
    Jesse and PFB are related? ;)

Are you looking for a vacation?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

LMAO... you know I love ya man. :p:p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,574
    Options

I was just thinking that was a "bold" statement.
    I'm sure Cathy could use a tour of L.A. ;)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Scratch one off Jesse's Christmas card list. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,050
    Options
    Is Polk being forced to stay with vanilla?? There's no other choices for them out there??
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,042
    Options
    not to brown-nose, but the company that sells products branded "Polk" is still sellin' stuff like this:

ddn0oa3z11m1.png

I realize such products may represent the past more than than the future, but they are still around and it does still suggest a level of commitment serious enough to warrant a "high functioning" user forum, I would think! And, as ill-behaved as we may be sometimes, there is a pretty impressive brain trust of knowledge, information, skill and experience at this forum that - it could be argued - deserves a good home.

Thus my sermon for today. As you were.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    on the other hand, the server was down for a while just this afternoon -- maybe the Ghosns, ahh, I mean gnomes were scurrying around at Vanilla Mission Control movin' bits around for the mobile users.

Who knows?

:)
  • F1nut
    Options
    And STILL not fixed!!!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    wait... does Jesse have a smart phone?

Hmmm

He has a turntable too. Who knew Jesse was such a hipster. :p;)

Can you imagine getting that hair into a man bun?

I think we should take up a donation to charity in Jesse's name for a picture of him with a man-bun, murse, skinny jeans and sandals. I'm in with a hundred bucks to Glithen'... who will join me?

What are the chances he can pack all that into 'skinny jeans'?
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    And STILL not fixed!!!

:( Oh, well, I was tryin' to be (uncharacteristically) optimistic.

so, I guess it's back to this...

mra4osquneyc.jpg
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    Darn, I was hoping that being shut down for several hours this afternoon was because they were switching from or fixing Vanilla. :/
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,514
    Options
    Vanilla lost my post today. I thought I saved a draft but apparently not. Now, what was it that I said? This getting old isn’t for sissies!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I thought I was locked out for what I said I'd like to do to George Stephanopoulos. :#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    maxward wrote: »
    Vanilla lost my post today. I thought I saved a draft but apparently not. Now, what was it that I said? This getting old isn’t for sissies!

ummm, who are you again, and what are you doing in my computer?

;)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,600
    Options
    And STILL not fixed!!!

Sadly you are right. New post notification/page refresh is still not the same as it used to be. Now after clicking back, I have to manually refresh the Recent Discussions page for the yellow unread posts indicator to go away.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,976
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    And STILL not fixed!!!

Sadly you are right. New post notification/page refresh is still not the same as it used to be. Now after clicking back, I have to manually refresh the Recent Discussions page for the yellow unread posts indicator to go away.

Ironically this is working for me in mobile. But not on pc. Crazy vanilla...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Options
    Quit whining, it is what it is and that's all that it is going to be.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    I wrote Santa...he's on top of it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

Glad he finally forgave you for filling is sleigh with concrete. :p

• codycatalist
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

Glad he finally forgave you for filling is sleigh with concrete. :p

Case of mistaken identity I heard through the grapevine.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • F1nut
    Options
    What is taking so long to fix the problems??????????????????????????????

President of Club Polk

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    The problems on my mobile phone have actually deterred me away from using it as often as I did. Frustrating.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,976
    Options
    What is taking so long to fix the problems??????????????????????????????

Sorry Jesse but it seems pretty clear that no one’s home and no one cares. Usually @KennethSwauger at least will chime in and tell us he has forwarded on the concern. Oh well I guess...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • F1nut
    Options
    Ken is aware of the problem as is vanilla, but what taking so long to fix the exact same problem we had before, which only took a day, is the big question.

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    The problems on my mobile phone have actually deterred me away from using it as often as I did. Frustrating.

Same here because the mobile site is flat out horrible.

President of Club Polk

• warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    Wow !!!
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Go kick the tech guy off fortnite and tell him the bat phone has been flashing for a few days now....

By the way Jesse is so cool throw boiling water on him it bounces off as ice cubes.

Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • warren
    Options
    It’s all for the child’n..
    FestYboy wrote: »
    A brown substance extruded from an ****? I agree

OMG it edited the word o-r-i-f-i-c-e

This is ridiculous.

Some final words,
    Warren
  • warren
    Options
    Not in my world.. Vanilla is chocolate ....

Some final words,
    Warren
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    What child do you know that gives a hoot about this hobby? (Not counting Micha as he is an anomaly, in a good way).