FXiA6 Speakers wont play below 1000 Hz

I have a pair of FXiA6 Polk Audio. Was running REW and noticed that the pair of speakers won't play below 1000 Hz, the dB is around 80 at 1000 Hz and is down below the soundstage of 60 dB around 900 Hz.

I'm assuming the mid/woofer is done. Don't know the transition from Mid/Woofer to tweeter.

Is this something that is fixable?

I checked in the bipole and dipole configuration. Then I unplugged them and plugged in a set of T15 and it played sound in the 100 Hz to 1000 Hz range. So it is something wrong with the speakers.

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,969
    I would say given the age, the crossover is probably no longer functioning properly
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    VR3 wrote: »
    I would say given the age, the crossover is probably no longer functioning properly

Trey those are the most recent surrounds, can’t be more than 10 years old...you really think it’s the crossover?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    edited November 2018
    Been listening to any shows or
    playing games with gun shots and helicopters? They play nasty on stuff at volume. Don't ask how i found out.
    I'm with Dskip something sounds cooked
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,969
    I was thinking they were older but I'd still check the crossover first
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.