FXiA6 Speakers wont play below 1000 Hz

I have a pair of FXiA6 Polk Audio. Was running REW and noticed that the pair of speakers won't play below 1000 Hz, the dB is around 80 at 1000 Hz and is down below the soundstage of 60 dB around 900 Hz.

I'm assuming the mid/woofer is done. Don't know the transition from Mid/Woofer to tweeter.

Is this something that is fixable?

I checked in the bipole and dipole configuration. Then I unplugged them and plugged in a set of T15 and it played sound in the 100 Hz to 1000 Hz range. So it is something wrong with the speakers.

Comments

• VR3VR3 Posts: 23,489
    I would say given the age, the crossover is probably no longer functioning properly
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,983
    VR3 wrote: »
    I would say given the age, the crossover is probably no longer functioning properly

Trey those are the most recent surrounds, can’t be more than 10 years old...you really think it’s the crossover?
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Excite x18; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,223
    The woofer isn't playing if that's all you are getting.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,738
    edited November 2018
    Been listening to any shows or
    playing games with gun shots and helicopters? They play nasty on stuff at volume. Don't ask how i found out.
    I'm with Dskip something sounds cooked
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,223
    Check to see if both tweeters are playing. The toggle switch or something might have an issue that is preventing the signal from reaching the face with the woofer on it. It would be rare to have a defective woofer without a defective tweeter. Woofers in and of themselves have very low failure rates, even with age.
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 23,489
    I was thinking they were older but I'd still check the crossover first
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro