First time HT, am I making a good choice?

Hello! Currently using a Vizio 5.1 surround bar + satellites + sub, with an LG EF9500. Been planning my first real setup for a while now, and have settled on two combinations, was wondering if I could get any input between these two.

The room is roughly 17x13 feet, opens to the kitchen, vaulted ceilings, not super ideal.

I've budgeted about $700ish for the speakers. For the sub, a BIC F12 or Dayton 1200. The AVR, a Denon AVRX1400H or Onkyo TX-NR777 (both are the same price, and while the Onkyo is 110w @ 8ohms and the Denon is only 80w, I've been led to believe Audyssey MultiEQ XT is much better than the AccuEQ on the Onkyo. Any other recommendations here on a receiver around $350 would be appreciated. Room for 7.1 + Atmos is desired for future proofing once we move, but I understand the volatility of AVR's). Still deciding on the rears.

Now for the mains, I was thinking the CS10 + Monitor 60 series 2's, or the CSI A4 + RTI A3's. Will primarily be watching films, but will also use these for music (purely for enjoyment and not any super critical listening, but of course I'd like them to perform well for music). These two combo's have a $10 difference in price, and I'm basically debating that given the size of the room and my listening needs, if it makes sense to forgo towers and get higher quality bookshelves + higher quality center channel instead.

Thank you.

Comments