Can anyone tell me what movie this sample is from?

codycatalist
codycatalist Posts: 2,662
edited November 2018 in Music & Movies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqoDHJt74Mg

The opening sample, curious what movie it is from.
Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
" I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
"Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
"Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
"Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    The full quote...

"Henry... I...I was going to call you before I left–"
    "Left? Where are you going?"
    "Why, back home."
    'You mean, you're giving up?'
    "Well, what will people think?"
    "People will think whatever they want to think, regardless of what you do."
    "I...guess..."
    "Don't be afraid of your emotions. How do you feel about him?"
    "I don't know..."
    'Whatever you decide, you don't owe me a thing. Remember that.'

No clue what it is from though...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • You'd figure it wouldn't be too hard to find a quote or part of that quote online and a reference for it.

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited November 2018
    You'd figure it wouldn't be too hard to find a quote or part of that quote online and a reference for it.

I just tried a few times and got nothing. :s
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Nesmith98 wrote: »
    I have herd the mans voice before but just can't put a name on it. 1950's actor, kind of heavy, bald, wears suspenders sometimes. Maybe played in a few Twilight Zones.

I was assuming the same era as well.

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    I can't tell who it is either, but it's not Ed Wynn. I almost said Maurice Chevalier, similar kind of voice, but doesn't have the French accent.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Good call on Ed Wynn. I think it is his son Keenan Wynn, who also appeared in "The Twilight Zone" and two episodes of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents".

I checked his IMDb page, and Keenan appears as "Henry" twice. In a movie with no females in the cast ("Joe Butterfly") and in an episode of "Jane Wyman Presents Fireside Theater" called "The Sport" (1955).

Jayne Meadows also appears in "The Sport". She is the sister of Audrey Meadows from "The Honeymooners". If you listen closely to Cody's clip, you can hear a definite resemblance in their voices if you are familiar with the latter show.

Here is the IMDb link to that episode:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0614563/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_229
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    The music suggests that he has a pizza but she doesn't have enough money for a tip...
    Think I've seen that one before.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Jayne Meadows was also married to Steve Allen
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    you guys've got a good Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon thing goin' on, here.

:)
  • maingey
    maingey Posts: 627
    sounds like Ms. Norma Jean.
  • I KNOW THE ANSWER! Hahaha for 3 years I’ve been trying to figure this out and I even knew I had seen the movie, but couldn’t put my finger on it. I even came and saw this post back in early 2019 and it wasn’t until I started seeing this amazing new girl, who I think I am in love with, that it finally clicked. It’s from the Bishop’s Wife with Cary Grant and Loretta Young. Grant plays an angel, Dudley, that comes to Earth and Julia falls in love with him. Awesome movie and I need to rewatch again, hopefully with the girl I am head over heels for, but there are major road blocks, like her being taken already. Maybe I’ll update you guys down the road!
    Also a great track and intro from Joey Pecararo called Lovely. Hope anyone reading this enjoys them both. -Peter Y
  • Viking64
    edited April 2020
    I don't think that is from "The Bishop's Wife". The conversation from the sample doesn't fit the plot of the film. The woman doesn't sound like Loretta Young to me, and Henry, who is played by David Niven, sounds nothing like the voice of Henry we can hear.

Here is a link to the entire film: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2chnjx

This Wikipedia page describes the plot: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bishop's_Wife
  • Viking64
    I just checked Joey Pecoraro's website, his Facebook page, and his YouTube channel. A number of people have asked the same question in regards to the origin of the sample in this song. There are not too many answers and seemingly none from the source (Joey himself).

Someone wrote this on his YouTube channel, which matches my initial post above: "The dialogue is from a TV show that started in 1955 and ended in 1958 called 'The Fireside Theater' by Jane Wyman."
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I just checked Joey Pecoraro's website, his Facebook page, and his YouTube channel. A number of people have asked the same question in regards to the origin of the sample in this song. There are not too many answers and seemingly none from the source (Joey himself).

Someone wrote this on his YouTube channel, which matches my initial post above: "The dialogue is from a TV show that started in 1955 and ended in 1958 called 'The Fireside Theater' by Jane Wyman."

^^^^ The dialogue you refer to is embedded, when played in reverse, on side two of this magnum opus. :)
    xebykk2koodw.jpg

• Damn, you may be right. Now I’m back to square one. I really thought that was it.
  • JazzThief
    JazzThief Posts: 1
    edited May 2021
    Not sure if anyone will still bother with this. But it is not from a movie or TV series. Apparently, the author said on soundcloud that it is form a radio play. No idea which one, though.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was confusing songs.
    Post edited by JazzThief on
  • Registered just to make the following comment.

"The Sport" is an episode of "Jane Wyman's Fireside Theater" that aired on October 4, 1955. Keenan Wynn played Henry, and Jayne Meadows played Alice. This is the closest lead anyone has so far.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    I’ve wondered why someone hasn’t just asked the songwriter what the source of the sample is.
  • I asked Joey Pecoraro a while ago and all he told me was that it was from a radio play