Can anyone tell me what movie this sample is from?

codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 2,360
edited November 2018 in Music & Movies

The opening sample, curious what movie it is from.
Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
" I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
"Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
"Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
"Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member

Comments

• ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,958
    The full quote...

"Henry... I...I was going to call you before I left–"
    "Left? Where are you going?"
    "Why, back home."
    'You mean, you're giving up?'
    "Well, what will people think?"
    "People will think whatever they want to think, regardless of what you do."
    "I...guess..."
    "Don't be afraid of your emotions. How do you feel about him?"
    "I don't know..."
    'Whatever you decide, you don't owe me a thing. Remember that.'

No clue what it is from though...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • You'd figure it wouldn't be too hard to find a quote or part of that quote online and a reference for it.

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 7,902
    edited November 2018
    You'd figure it wouldn't be too hard to find a quote or part of that quote online and a reference for it.

I just tried a few times and got nothing. :s
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Nesmith98 wrote: »
    I have herd the mans voice before but just can't put a name on it. 1950's actor, kind of heavy, bald, wears suspenders sometimes. Maybe played in a few Twilight Zones.

I was assuming the same era as well.

• Jimbo18Jimbo18 Posts: 2,088
    I can't tell who it is either, but it's not Ed Wynn. I almost said Maurice Chevalier, similar kind of voice, but doesn't have the French accent.
    HT - Pio Elite SC-63, RT800i, CS400i center, FXi50 surrounds, Def Tech PF 15TL+, Belkin PF30, Samsung UBD-M7500, Roku Premier, Furez 12-2.
    Bedroom - Sony STR DN850, Monitor 5jr+ Series2, CS300 center, Furez 10/2, Roku Ultra
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,817
    Good call on Ed Wynn. I think it is his son Keenan Wynn, who also appeared in "The Twilight Zone" and two episodes of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents".

I checked his IMDb page, and Keenan appears as "Henry" twice. In a movie with no females in the cast ("Joe Butterfly") and in an episode of "Jane Wyman Presents Fireside Theater" called "The Sport" (1955).

Jayne Meadows also appears in "The Sport". She is the sister of Audrey Meadows from "The Honeymooners". If you listen closely to Cody's clip, you can hear a definite resemblance in their voices if you are familiar with the latter show.

Here is the IMDb link to that episode:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0614563/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_229
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 5,017
    The music suggests that he has a pizza but she doesn't have enough money for a tip...
    Think I've seen that one before.
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
  • Jayne Meadows was also married to Steve Allen
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 21,560
    you guys've got a good Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon thing goin' on, here.

:)
  • maingeymaingey Posts: 534
    sounds like Ms. Norma Jean.