Need a Great Center Speaker! Polk RTi12 fronts, FXi3 rears, X2 PSW12 bass...

Thinking about upgrading my Center Channel Speaker!

I have been looking at the Polk CSi A6 but it is to big for my cabinet. Wondering if the S35 would work as I could make room just below the tv???

Cabinet space is 17-1/2"w X 7"h X 15"d
On cabinet 4-1/2"h X 84"w X 20"d

Any other recommendations?

Configuration:
Denon AVR-X4400H 9.2 amp (11.2 capable)
Configuration: 7.2.2
Bi-amp RTi12 (left, right)
FXi3 pair, rear, (left, right)
PSW12 - x2 (left, right)
Klipsch Quintet III height (left, right)
Accoustic Profiles PSL-C2 (center)

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    I see an issue with timbre matching...
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    If you could make a little more space on top of the cabinet, you could get the CSi A4. It’s even on sale on Polk’s website (at least the black version is) for $150. :)
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Hmmm, I would try to stay with a CSi center. Even the CSi-A4 is 20" wide. My easy answer is to build a cabinet to hold a CSi-A6 like I did. If you must go with the S35 Audyssey EQ will bring it close but not perfect. I have S60 L/R and use a CSi-A6 for the center works nice.

One thing I noticed from your system setup is you're bi-amping. I found doing this with an AVR a waste. If anything pull the brass jumpers off and use speaker cable.
    rnvpgze60srb.jpg

Doing this made more of an improvement.

Last but not least, RTi12 like a lot of power to get the most out of them. Adding a seperate amp is the best way to go. Even a Emotiva BasX-A300 will bring out more from your speakers.

Last subs. your's are not bad but not great. SVS or HSU make a great line of subs. Sell yours and put it towards a better SVS or HSU.

Welcome to club Polk :)
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music