Lets lighten the mood, how's about a KARMA!!!!!

EndersShadow
EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
edited November 2018 in The Clubhouse
Seems like we could all use something fun and nice, and also reminders of why this place is the way it is.

Here is my way of facilitating that....... A KARMA!

This site in general has been AWESOME to me and my family in many ways, some behind the scene's, some posted on the forum. My Karma doesn't even come close to making the scales even, but it does help add a bit more to my side....

Up for Karma is a Dell Venue 8 3480 android tablet. I won it originally in a Karma from @Irrenhaus in 2015. I haven't been using it much lately, so it’s time to pass along the Karma to another deserving member.

It will come like I got it, with a black carrying case, and I will be wiping it back to factory default so you can install whatever you want on it. It will also include a MicroSD card that I added on after the fact, so IIRC that’s another 32gig of storage on top of the 16 gig's it’s got already.

Image and spec's below

main.jpg

Dimensions: 216 x 130 x 8.95 mm
Weight: 338 g
SoC: Intel Atom Z3480
CPU: Intel Silvermont, 2100 MHz
GPU: PowerVR G6400 MP4, 533 MHz
RAM: 1 GB
Storage: 16 GB
Display: 8 in, IPS, 1920 x 1200 pixels, 24 bit
Battery: 4550 mAh, Li-Ion

**Note** You must have more than 50 posts to be eligible, and CONUS only (sorry, I love you Canuks, your just too pricey to ship to :sad: ).

Here is how YOU enter to win:

You need to post about a time that: another forum member helped you out, or gave you good advice (and list what it was). Please tag that persons user name using @Username, that way they get notified and see your post thanking them.

Then pick a number 1 - 1000.

Winner will be picked on Friday, November 9th.

Jesse has been too popular here lately, so I’m gonna flip the script and let everyone’s favorite forum member pick the number via a random number generator.

Just remember, don’t “hassle” the “russ” :smile:@lightman1

qonih67ljf59.png
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
Post edited by EndersShadow on

Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Oh sweet Jesus, why did I look? Lol
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Very nice karma!!
    Not in however, too many wireless devices in the house as it is :)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited November 2018
    Cool karma! I'll go in with 250, or if you didn't mean 1000, 25. :)
    Depending on how I cope with the Android OS, I'll switch to this from my iPad.
    Thanks!
  • EndersShadow
    Since he had a rough go at it in the For Sale thread, I'll nominate @dbryant. I'll go with 50. If I win, please give it to him.
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Thanks!
    la2vegas wrote: »
    In with 702. Great karma.

Thanks fellas.... my first post got truncated (likely because it balked after uploading Russ’s pic), so look at the rules again and post your thanks to that person and your in :smile:

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited November 2018
    Since he had a rough go at it in the For Sale thread, I'll nominate @dbryant. I'll go with 50. If I win, please give it to him.
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Thanks!
    la2vegas wrote: »
    In with 702. Great karma.

Thanks fellas.... my first post got truncated (likely because it balked after uploading Russ’s pic), so look at the rules again and post your thanks to that person and your in :smile:

Oh, that's what you meant by that. :)
    Ok, how about the time when @dromunds and @Nightfall helped me out big time with my vinyl setup by sending me my Shure cartridge, not to mention all the other people who gave me tips, advice, and more not just with vinyl but everything. I'd basically have to tag everyone on the forum, so I'll stick to the two above. But pretty much everyone who will read this has helped me in some way or another and I thank them all for that. :)
  • EndersShadow
    Awesome! That’s perfect!

You sir are IN!
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    Nice karma. In with 560
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,925
    was the mood heavy?

Excellent karma!
    ... and since I have been thinkin' about gettin' a tablet (actually, I've been thinkin' that Mrs. H could benefit from a tablet whilst on the road birding), I would like to, please, be in.

I have been so helped in amazingly substantive ways by so many people on this forum, I feel guilty to even pick out one individual --- but I shall.

I will call out @mrbiron for his beyond-generous sharing of not one but two of his own hand-built phono preamps (one of which is still being held hostage here even as I type this) for long term (longer than he ever expected, I'm sure!) evaluation in my abode. Thank you very much, sir!

In with 427, if I may.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Great Karma Dan, but not in because I can't hassle the Russ. ;):p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • EndersShadow
    DollarDave wrote: »
    Nice karma. In with 560

Thanks Dave, please post a story about a time someone on the forum helped you, or gave you good advice (and if advice, what it was so we can all learn more :smile: )
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Awesome but not in.

I also need to karma something around here for all the help and the "putting up with me' I've received...
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    Ir's been RuSsMaN that has helped me the most. I've gotten some great deals from him and some sound advice on, believe it nor not, turntables.

I know he ain't around much anymore, but he was/is one of out most valuable members.

Second runner up is Jessie with a wit and wisdom extending beyond audio to politics and woodworking.

In with 560.
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    Excellent karma. Not in though.

But I want to shout out @westmassguy .
    David 's knowledge sharing has been invaluable to me.
  • mhardy6647
    I owe Russ one... but not sure when we'll get that squared away.
    Actually, I owe a bunch of karmic favor returns, some pretty substantial, to a bunch of folks at this fine forum. Srsly.

• nooshinjohn
    You could start by disclosing the location of your town dump... :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    You could start by disclosing the location of your town dump... :p

Since I don't live there any more, I'd be happy to :)
    They're open Wednesday morning & most of the day Saturday.

Tell 'em I said "hi" if you drop by.

hygcvs0jqtuh.png

... it's a magical place, 'specially on a fine early summer's day.

13247173725_83bcff5c98_b.jpgswappile1 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

11874309956_13c1a54258_z.jpgtodaystreasures by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Great Karma. Not in, too many great people on here to single one out. I've been given solid advice by members who forgot what I know.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Great Karma! Good show my man!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I know where you live, Dan.....
    What kind of car you drive.......
    Where you work.....
    Have your wife's cell phone number.....
    I know a really cool Italian guy from Chicago who may or may not owe me a favor.....

Are you sure you want to do this?.....
  • nooshinjohn
    I have it on good authority that Tony is retired after he did that “thing” for the family a few days ago. He is no longer in the concrete business...

You will find him on the beach sucking down canollis.

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Nice Karma Dan!
  • EndersShadow
    edited November 2018
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I know where you live, Dan.....
    What kind of car you drive.......
    Where you work.....
    Have your wife's cell phone number.....
    I know a really cool Italian guy from Chicago who may or may not owe me a favor.....

Are you sure you want to do this?.....

Lol..... cmon Russ... it CANT be any worse than the p00p Gollum that Herm did lol...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474

You will find him on the beach sucking down canollis.
    That just sounds SO wrong :s:s

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Not in but super good KARMA!!! Rock on Dan!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • oldrocker
    Since Mr. H gave up a location and NOT to distract from Dan's Karma.

Here's a place I've found that sometimes have lots of vintage gear.

Schoolhouse auctions. It's in Yeoman Indiana.

Every Saturday night they have an auction. There webpage shows current and past auctions and they usually have a large amount of online pics.

Only bad thing is they always start with the furniture but eventually they get to the electronics.

Just throwing this out there. Sorry Dan... :|
  • EndersShadow
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Since Mr. H gave up a location and NOT to distract from Dan's Karma.

Here's a place I've found that sometimes have lots of vintage gear.

Schoolhouse auctions. It's in Yeoman Indiana.

Every Saturday night they have an auction. There webpage shows current and past auctions and they usually have a large amount of online pics.

Only bad thing is they always start with the furniture but eventually they get to the electronics.

Just throwing this out there. Sorry Dan... :|

Sorry for what? You just gave me another LOCAL place to stalk for gear :smile:.... and dont think I wont show up and outbid or bid you up :wink: ...... I'm like Dave Hester on Storage Wars :grin:

• EndersShadow
    edited November 2018
    So far we ONLY have the following people in... so your changes of winning are MUCH higher than Powerball :smile:.....

@John Megadeth - 50 - if he wins wants it to go to @dbryant
    @mlistens03 - 250 -
    @dollardave - 560 - PS RuSsMan is the SHIZNIT!
    @mhardy6647 - 427

Still got an entire week to be in, so if your on the fence, feel free to hop on over. I just reset the device back to factory defaults this morning.........
  • oldrocker
    Just wasn't trying to hijack your thread... B)
  • mhardy6647
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Just wasn't trying to hijack your thread... B)

Never stops me...
  • oldrocker
    You know my luck Doc.... :o