Parasound A21 vs Adcom GFA555

Thinking of replacing my Adcom GFA555 amp with a Parasound A21. Powering SDA SRS speakers that have been completely gone through. What benefits if any will there be in the Parasound over the Adcom to justify the new purchase. I have a Mcintosh c32 pre-amp and mainly play vinyl in a dedicated listening room. Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Answers

Answers

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    F1nut wrote: »
    Better sound.

Simple and to the point. I do agree.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    F1nut wrote: »
    Better sound.

Simple and to the point. I do agree.

F1 keeps it simple, and real.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • I appreciate all the comments, especially DarqueKnights. Very informative for sure. Parasound it will be. After purchase and a some breakin time I will post my thoughts, already sounding positive for sure. Thank you everyone.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited November 2018
    You have two of the most "heavy hitters" (on the forum) make a comment in the first two replies in this thread. I suggest you take their advice.

Edit: Lol! I just now saw you already bought the A21. Sorry. F1's and DK's advice still is just as sound though.

You would think I would have learned to read the whole thread by now.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,050
    Hope you're enjoying the A21. It is far superior to the Adcom.
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050